PDA

View Full Version : Please Remind Me

ISalzman
07-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Does anyone remember the reason for the asterisks on the tabs in the search window?

MBushell
07-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Does anyone remember the reason for the asterisks on the tabs in the search window?
It means that the tab has been used. As soon as you activate a tab it is "used" because the program state is saved automatically when you open a tab.

ISalzman
07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks much, Mike.

Sansom48
07-19-2011, 04:02 PM
When you freeze a tab you will have two asterisks.

ISalzman
07-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks Chris. You forced me to go to the Help file to see what "Freezing" a tab entailed. Sounds like a very useful feature that I could certainly use. Right now, I am using 12 tabs that I want to keep around for a while. So when I need a blank tab, I typically create a 13th. When I'm done, I delete the 13th (I don't like a cluttered workspace). But freezing tabs allow you to use them temporarily for other searches.

christlove
07-20-2011, 07:06 AM
But freezing tabs allow you to use them temporarily for other searches.
Hello Irving.
Would be great if you could do temporarily searches with the same tab if you have it freezed and after unfreezing it switches automatically to the last settings you had. I always thought about something like that. I just tried it and it seems that it doesnīt work for me. If I freeze a tab and change my settings while freezing and unfreeze the tab again the changed settings are still there and is not switching to my previous ones.

BW-Helpfile says instead
The contents cannot be changed until you click on the tab again and unfreeze the contents by choosing the same option.That on the other hand would mean the same effect like you freeze your x-refs-tab -> you canīt change anything at all, right?

Maybe I understand something wrong here. Would be kind if someone enlightens the topic...

Blessings,
Steffen

ISalzman
07-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi Steffen,

I believe that what you're doing wrong is unfreezing the tab. Once you do that, it will not revert to the original content of the tab. Keep it frozen next time. Then switch to a new tab or close the program. Then switch back to the previous tab (or reopen the program) and the original contents of the tab should be back again. Try this and let me know if that works for you.

Irving

christlove
07-21-2011, 06:31 AM
Hey Irving,

thx a lot, now it works...

Have a nice day.
Steffen

ISalzman
07-21-2011, 10:51 AM
You're welcome, Steffen.

Blessings,

Irving