PDA

View Full Version : Order and Shipment Procedure of BW9 Question

Joan Korte
07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Do all orders which were placed via BibleWorks website (online) receive email notification when they ship? I know that credit cards are not charged until shipment. Mine was late last week but no email. If that is procedure, please disregard. And I am not impatient, just checking. Thanks!

Sansom48
07-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Joan, you are supposed to recieve an e-mail once it ships, however, I think BW is a little bit off track right now because of this rush brought on by the unintentional early release you might say. I did recieve an e-mail on the same day that my BW 9 arrived. So I would say it has probably shipped, but they just haven't gotten the e-mail to you yet.

Joan Korte
07-18-2011, 03:17 PM
OK, thanks, Chris. :)

ISalzman
07-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey Chris, So did you get yours up and running yet? What are your first impressions?

Sansom48
07-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey Chris, So did you get yours up and running yet? What are your first impressions?

Yes mine is up and running. I am running it on a Dell Vostro with 4gb ram (2.2Ghz) and it is truly amazing how fast it works. The "use" tab in particular amazed me. Michael Hanel as well as others had said about how fast it was but it is still amazing to see it up on your own machine. I have found it very well integrated and easy to use most of the new features with this upgrade (The only reason I say most is because I have not figured out the "transcribing" tools yet). I would also like to add that, as said before, screen space may be an issue, but I run on three monitors so for me it is not.

Jim Wert
07-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Hi Joan,

BW does give you access to your order information online.
They don't tell you how to get there in the order confirmation email, but they do in the shipped confirmation email! I happened to still have my correspondence from previous orders, so I got the address from that, and my order was marked "shipped" a day or two before I got the "shipped" email.

//store.bibleworks.com/member (http://store.bibleworks.com/member) gets you to your order info & order history.
If you haven't used that facility before, you have to set up an account.
As I recall, this is not an onerous process.

--Jim

Sansom48
07-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Hi Joan,

BW does give you access to your order information online.
They don't tell you how to get there in the order confirmation email, but they do in the shipped confirmation email! I happened to still have my correspondence from previous orders, so I got the address from that, and my order was marked "shipped" a day or two before I got the "shipped" email.

//store.bibleworks.com/member (http://store.bibleworks.com/member) gets you to your order info & order history.
If you haven't used that facility before, you have to set up an account.
As I recall, this is not an onerous process.

--Jim

I will say, I did use this, if you go to the Bibleworks main page, in the upper right corner you can click the link to sign into your account, from there you can "track your orders." However, with mine, it did not show up as "shipped" till almost a day after it arrived.

Joan Korte
07-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Jim and Chris,
Thanks for your help. As per your instructions, I did login to my account. However, it doesn't given me anything other than my order information. No shipment. My Visa account says otherwise so I will go by that. I am not trying to make this an "exact" science by any means just trying to get a handle on it.
God Bless!

Michael Hanel
07-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Jim and Chris,
Thanks for your help. As per your instructions, I did login to my account. However, it doesn't given me anything other than my order information. No shipment. My Visa account says otherwise so I will go by that. I am not trying to make this an "exact" science by any means just trying to get a handle on it.
God Bless!

If you do searches for past releases, pretty much the same type of thing always happens during the first couple weeks of release. The office is busy catching up on pre-orders and what not and trying to get shipping caught up as soon as possible, so that they don't always get all of that stuff updated quick enough. I'm also told that they are big on helping users develop patience :o I would say if your credit card bill has been charged you should only be a day or two away (depending on the luck of the postal delivery system). I still haven't received my official release version, and generally beta-testers are last on the priority list to receive the final product, so I would say they're still playing catch-up.

ISalzman
07-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Yes mine is up and running. I am running it on a Dell Vostro with 4gb ram (2.2Ghz) and it is truly amazing how fast it works. The "use" tab in particular amazed me. Michael Hanel as well as others had said about how fast it was but it is still amazing to see it up on your own machine. I have found it very well integrated and easy to use most of the new features with this upgrade (The only reason I say most is because I have not figured out the "transcribing" tools yet). I would also like to add that, as said before, screen space may be an issue, but I run on three monitors so for me it is not.

Thanks, Chris, for your evaluation.

ISalzman
07-18-2011, 07:00 PM
If you do searches for past releases, pretty much the same type of thing always happens during the first couple weeks of release. The office is busy catching up on pre-orders and what not and trying to get shipping caught up as soon as possible, so that they don't always get all of that stuff updated quick enough. I'm also told that they are big on helping users develop patience :o I would say if your credit card bill has been charged you should only be a day or two away (depending on the luck of the postal delivery system). I still haven't received my official release version, and generally beta-testers are last on the priority list to receive the final product, so I would say they're still playing catch-up.

This is exciting. The only thing better than "new car smell" - which I won't ever experience again, since I probably won't ever buy a new car again! - is "new BibleWorks version smell!"

roel schipper
07-19-2011, 02:33 AM
Hello,

BW9 causes an install problem on my machine. When the installation is almost finished, suddenly the following message pops up and the program cannot be opened:

(Win XP; Sp2 ; plenty of harddisk space.)
Have the support team asked for help.
Roel

MTan
07-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Roel--I've contacted you via email...

Michael