PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or did the Forums interface change?

ISalzman
07-15-2011, 06:05 PM
I noticed yesterday - and again today - that the info that used to appear at the bottom of the (front) 'User Forums' page seems to be gone. I am referring to the information that used to give the number of users that were currently visiting the forums, the members that were present, the newest member, "Today's Birthdays,' etc. Has this info been permanently removed from the page? I kind of liked being able to see that information myself.

Jim Wert
07-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi Irving,
I am missing that stuff too. And kind of miss it too (now that you have pointed out its departure.
Interestingly enough, I found that one can set ones user profile to not show when you are online (which at the moment is kind of useless).
--Jim

ISalzman
07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey Jim, greetings to you in TO! How are things?

Irving

Michael Hanel
07-18-2011, 06:58 PM
I also noticed the change. I'm not sure if was intentional or not. I don't see that there have been any other interface changes. It's not as convenient, but you can still find the Who's Online info by going to Quick Links in the menu bar at the top of the forums.

ISalzman
07-18-2011, 07:52 PM
It's not as convenient, but you can still find the Who's Online info by going to Quick Links in the menu bar at the top of the forums.

Yeah, but it's not the same. It was kind of nice to see that info at the bottom of the Forums front page. It was also nice to have the other extraneous bits of information like: newest member, member birthdays, the most amount of members online at any one time, etc.

ISalzman
07-18-2011, 07:54 PM
I also noticed the change. I'm not sure if was intentional or not.

Michael, out of curiosity, how could the forum interface have been changed without the change being intentional?

Michael Hanel
07-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Michael, out of curiosity, how could the forum interface have been changed without the change being intentional?

Two ways. Someone could have changed something and not realized the effect it had or they could have upgraded something in the forum software that changed it (I haven't paid attention if the version number of vBulletin has changed lately).

Michael Tan is the one who's generally in charge of the Forums. You can try sending him a note to get more official information.

ISalzman
07-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Michael Tan is the one who's generally in charge of the Forums. You can try sending him a note to get more official information.

I would have thought he would have seen the thread by now. But perhaps I'll send him a note when I get a chance. Thanks.