PDA

View Full Version : Lemma Statistics in Analysis Window

christlove
07-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Hey there.

Can somebody please tell me whether itīs possible to show only the lemma statistics in the analysis window without any lexicon entry. Can you fully switch off each lexicon in analysis window?
If not, is it possible in version 9?
Using BW 8 by the way...

Blessings,
Steffen

Mark Eddy
07-16-2011, 09:14 AM
No, you cannot totally turn off all lexicons in the Analysis Window. The main purpose of the analysis window is to show both the parsing and the meaning of the Greek or Hebrew word under the cursor. That means that one of the lexicons will by default display. Some lexicons do not contain all the Greek words in the New Testament. So, if you want to see fewer definitions, you might choose the LEH LXX lexicon (if you have it) as your default. At least a few of the New Testament words are not included in it. But I suggest that if you do not want to see the lexicons, you just train your eyes not to look below the parsing information at the top of the Analysis Window.
Mark Eddy

Lee
07-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Couldn't you just click on the "Resources" tab? That will give you the information you want without providing lexical entries.

christlove
07-17-2011, 06:33 AM
Thx Mark for the response.
I thought something like that.
I just like to see things at a glance and for parsing purposes it wouldīve been helpful for me to have the stuff right on the top of the AW. But itīs not a drama. I was just trying to make things as easy as possible for me, you know.

Thx also Lee for your response.
I sure could do that, but as far as I know I can not consult only lemma statistics via resources tab. Could be helpful if you could open a separated window with lemma statistics only. Probably there is way to do that in BW9 but right now I am out of money and unfortunately I need to wait for BW9.

Blessings,
Steffen