PDA

View Full Version : BW 9 and the CNTTS NT Critical Apparatus

Peter
07-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Dear BW-Friends,
today I ordered my copy of BW 9. One of the reasons is the CNTTS-Apparatus. As far as I'm informed, it's a very important work, but the datas of the Church-Fathers and the versions are not discussed or included. That's why the Laparola-Apparatus is needed. If some of you are interested in it, I can post the link here.
Yours
Peter, Germany
www.streitenberger.com (http://www.streitenberger.com)

Michael Hanel
07-11-2011, 03:34 PM
This is true. The Church Fathers are not part of CNTTS. They (the CNTTS) wisely chose to take this piecemeal. Their first goal was to exhaustively cover all the Greek manuscripts. That's where they're at now. They are also in the process (they are planning it will take 10 years!) to write an exegetical commentary on the variants in order to make the information more accessible to lay people.

Right now you can still get a good heads up on Church Fathers in BibleWorks from the Tischendorf apparatus.

Peter
07-11-2011, 03:56 PM
This is true. The Church Fathers are not part of CNTTS. They (the CNTTS) wisely chose to take this piecemeal. Their first goal was to exhaustively cover all the Greek manuscripts. That's where they're at now. They are also in the process (they are planning it will take 10 years!) to write an exegetical commentary on the variants in order to make the information more accessible to lay people.
Right now you can still get a good heads up on Church Fathers in BibleWorks from the Tischendorf apparatus.

Dear Michael,
thank you for this ! I think the Laparola-Apparatus is easier to read than Tischendorf's, as it's similar to the NA27-edition, but that could be just my own impression. It's a good endeavour of CNTTS to write such an exegetical commentary. I like that idea.
Yours
Peter, Germany

P.S. I hope to see not the "Byz" for the vast majority of MSS.

Michael Hanel
07-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Peter,

I've used Laparola a few times, but not very often. What is the source of its apparatus for the Church Fathers?

Peter
07-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Peter,

I've used Laparola a few times, but not very often. What is the source of its apparatus for the Church Fathers?

Please check the introduction for that, Michael. That's all I know. My impression regarding this work is very positive. Unfortunately I can't learn more as I don't speak Italian and the Laparola-Website is in that language. One point is missing: They list the TR. I wished RP 2005 would appear as well (or maybe the 1991 edition), as this work reflects the byzantine textform far better.
Yours
Peter