PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks Software Replacement Policy

Cale
07-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi all. I'm new here and a prospective BW user with a question. I've searched the forum and the FAQs, but I have not been able to determine if BW has a policy re replacement of software that may be lost or destroyed (like Logos does). Does anyone know about that? Thanks.

Dale A. Brueggemann
07-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Prospective user asking for lost software replacement? Sounds like you're a "prospective [l]user ;o)

Cale
07-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Well, I sure hope not, Dale. But someone once said a wise man counts the cost before setting out.... :)

Michael Hanel
07-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi all. I'm new here and a prospective BW user with a question. I've searched the forum and the FAQs, but I have not been able to determine if BW has a policy re replacement of software that may be lost or destroyed (like Logos does). Does anyone know about that? Thanks.

I can't find a FAQ about it, but based on their website, I believe their policy is "Don't lose it, otherwise you have to pay for new DVDs." Alternatively you could probably get by by having a friend who has the DVDs loan you theirs. Just don't lose your activation codes.

See here for their replacement media page (http://store.bibleworks.com/replacement.html).

MBushell
07-09-2011, 09:23 PM

As long as you register when you purchase, you are covered. I think there is a handling/media fee for lost/damaged disks, but it is very nominal, $20 or something like that. There may also be a fee for replacing lost codes, but it is small. There has to be some charge to "encourage" people to be careful.

Mike

Cale
07-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Thank you, Mike and Michael. I agree, the nominal replacement fees are very reasonable. Thanks again.