PDA

View Full Version : Blanking the Popup Verse Copy Window

KPetersen
07-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Apologies if this has been asked before, but several search attempts didn't help me find it's already been asked and answered.

I'm trying to use the popup verse copy windows. It pops up find, but every time it pops up it has a verse already listed. I have to delete the verse before I can copy in the new verse I want or I end up with something like "Gen 1:1Mt 1:1."

Ideally, the popup verse copy window should be blank when it pops up. How can I do this?

I just recently bought a new computer and had to install it on this computer. I don't recall having this problem previously.

Thanks for the assistance,

Keith

Michael Hanel
07-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I could be mistaken, but I think it always has performed that way (or at least it did in version 8?). I guess I don't have any strong way of knowing that though.

As it is, unless the programmers would change that function (you could ask if they could). Its default action is to list whatever the active verse is in the Browse Window. If you know you aren't going to be using that verse, the quickest work around I could suggest for now is to hit control-a immediately after you hit shift-control-b. Control-a will highlight the whole reference so that when you type you won't have to go back and delete the extra reference.

KPetersen
07-09-2011, 01:01 PM
That does help. It would work if there is no other workaround.

I am often copying verses into my word processor, I'm not even looking at Bibleworks, so the verse showing in the program isn't relevant. Just as an example, when I copy the Old Testament, Epistle and Gospel lessons for the Sunday bulletin, I'm not studying the text, I just want to copy the text.

I still don't remember it being a problem previously though. Strange.

Michael Hanel
07-09-2011, 01:06 PM
That does help. It would work if there is no other workaround.

I am often copying verses into my word processor, I'm not even looking at Bibleworks, so the verse showing in the program isn't relevant. Just as an example, when I copy the Old Testament, Epistle and Gospel lessons for the Sunday bulletin, I'm not studying the text, I just want to copy the text.

I still don't remember it being a problem previously though. Strange.

Your memory vs. mine, it sounds like a stalemate. :) I do not know for sure, but I wonder if it might be possible for the programmers to make it so that the text in the pop-up box is automatically highlighted. That seems like a compromise. It's not leaving the text blank for those who like the verse reference in it, but if it's highlighted you can keep typing away and it won't matter if there is a reference there.

Out of curiosity, what lectionary do you use (assuming you do)?

KPetersen
07-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Our lectionary is basically the ILCW, though I believe it's been tweaked.

Michael Hanel
07-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Our lectionary is basically the ILCW, though I believe it's been tweaked.

Cool. I'm working (slowly) on trying to develop something for the LSB lectionaries (http://www.yaag.org/new_index.php5).