PDA

View Full Version : Bw9

Gontroppo
07-08-2011, 11:31 PM
G'day
Haven't posted here in a while.
Reading the information at http://bibleworks.com (http://bibleworks.com/) and watching the vids at http://www.youtube.com/user/BibleWorksVideos has persuaded me that it is time to upgrade from version 7 to version 9.

Have you ordered your copy yet? I ordered mine today.

I'll be interested to hear when your copy arrives. [I'm assuming that the people who have already received copies have been hard-working beta testers.]

Michael Hanel
07-09-2011, 11:46 AM
On Facebook they said they're expecting to begin shipping this Monday!!

Michael Hanel
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Welp, I'm assuming BW staff is working on shipping pre-orders today! Who is going to be the first to receive their copy?

calvary
07-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Me I hope... :D

I wonder since I ordered mine within 10 min of finding out.

Dave

Michael Hanel
07-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Me I hope... :D

I wonder since I ordered mine within 10 min of finding out.

Dave

It also looks as if you are quite close to their home office.

calvary
07-11-2011, 02:01 PM
It also looks as if you are quite close to their home office.

Yea, they're about 3hrs away.

Dave

Michael Hanel
07-11-2011, 02:05 PM
You should have offered to be the UPS man yourself :D

calvary
07-11-2011, 02:19 PM
You should have offered to be the UPS man yourself :D

If I had the time, I definitely would have gone and picked it up myself. :)

Gontroppo
07-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Just got a message that my copy has been shipped. Hope it has flown, actually!

Wonder who will be first to receive their copy?

Sansom48
07-15-2011, 01:23 PM
I guess others are just too busy using the program to write, but hearing no other rattle, I have just received my copy of BW 9. I will now commence on installing. :)

calvary
07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Mine arrived today too. Now to resist installing it till after the weekend so I don't interrupt my studies for Sunday. :D

Dave

bkMitchell
07-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Wow, I can't believe it! I received mine about the same-time as everyone else on this thread and I live in rural Japan!

Now, this proves to me that BibleWorks is fast!

Michael Hanel
07-16-2011, 11:55 AM
After you get a chance to explore it some more, you guys will have to post some of your impressions. I mean, I know I love it, but I'd like to hear how your experiences are. But I know it's hard to tear yourselves away :)

Sansom48
07-16-2011, 01:07 PM
After you get a chance to explore it some more, you guys will have to post some of your impressions. I mean, I know I love it, but I'd like to hear how your experiences are. But I know it's hard to tear yourselves away :)

My preliminary impressions are very good. I love the Fourth Column and how well integrated it is and how useful it is. I will like it much better at work where I run three monitors. The Manuscript project and the CNTTS database are also something that I will be heavily using once I get a better grasp on how to read it and use it. Overall I like the changes made and already see the value in the upgrade.

Michael Hanel
07-16-2011, 01:16 PM
My preliminary impressions are very good. I love the Fourth Column and how well integrated it is and how useful it is. I will like it much better at work where I run three monitors. The Manuscript project and the CNTTS database are also something that I will be heavily using once I get a better grasp on how to read it and use it. Overall I like the changes made and already see the value in the upgrade.

Sometimes, the amount of variants can be a bit overwhelming (this is what happens when you get comprehensive data!), but one handy thing you can do to sort it out a bit more is to use the CNTTS search tool to only look at Significant variants (since CNTTS has different classes of variants). But yeah, it does take a bit of playing around to learn these new resources.

The other thing I've thought about doing is starting a document that describes the various manuscripts more. You can usually find a lot about them by Googling them, using Wikipedia or using basic textual critical textbooks.

Sansom48
07-16-2011, 02:31 PM
with Tischendorf's I always used a textual critical handbook, it had most of what I needed to know about the manuscripts, but not everything.

Gontroppo
08-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Sounds like an ABBA cd, [or was that LP?] Mine arrived today. Installed quite easily, but when I activated the modules, I would have liked confirmation. I was left hanging, wondering if it had in fact occurred.

Hope yours arrives soon, if you are waiting.

Just putting my toe in the water at the moment.

Purchased my first copy in 1995. Version 2.2 on a few floppies. Bought my first PC to use BibleWorks.

Michael Hanel
08-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Sounds like an ABBA cd, [or was that LP?] Mine arrived today. Installed quite easily, but when I activated the modules, I would have liked confirmation. I was left hanging, wondering if it had in fact occurred.

Hope yours arrives soon, if you are waiting.

Just putting my toe in the water at the moment.

Purchased my first copy in 1995. Version 2.2 on a few floppies. Bought my first PC to use BibleWorks.

David,

If I remember right you can watch the activation change from Not Activated to Activated. That's how you know it worked. Otherwise go to File | Activate Database and they should all say Activated there.