PDA

View Full Version : Arabic in parallel columns

Ralph
10-05-2004, 12:36 AM
I recently taught Arabic speaking students through a translator. I hope to do it again, D.V., but would like to be able to print selected corresponding Bible verses in English and Arabic in parallel columns. BibleWorks does not yet offer an Arabic Bible. Any suggestions on how to do this, especially since I can't (yet) read Arabic or understand chapter and verse references? And what Arabic translation is good (seems there is more than one version available for downloading from the net)?

Thanks,
Ralph

Believing Sojourner
10-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Ralph, I see e-Sword now offers an Arabic Bible. Of course, you would have to first complete the initial installation of e-Sword Bible software before you add the Arabic version. Don't worry, though, e-Sword software, and the vast majority of modules offered by e-Sword, are free!

First go to the Download site to get the initial download and installation. http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

Next, click on the "Bibles" link button to download and add whatever Bible versions you like. The Arabic Bible offered by e-Sword is the Arabic Smith & Van Dyke Bible, provided by the courtesy of Arabic Bible Outreach Ministry.

I have never myself actually printed scripture directly from e-Sword, but I presume it can be done. There is a "Parallel" tab on the main e-Sword screen that gives a user the ability to display up to four Bible versions side by side.

I just now experimented, and I had no difficulty copying all four columns of the parallel displayed Bibles into a Microsoft Word document. The verses line up perfectly, each in its own cell.

I hope this information helps.

In Christ,

Scott

Ralph
10-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Thanks, Scott! Sound just what I was looking for.
Ralph