PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks 9 - ESV Study Bible

Michael Hanel
07-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Since this has been on the wish list of a lot of people for a long time (just search the forums), I think many of you will be quite pleased with the introduction of the ESV Study Bible in BibleWorks 9 (do note it is a $20 upgrade beyond the base package).

The implementation of it went above and beyond my expectations because I was expecting it work just like a normal HTML module, like some of the grammars, but BibleWorks 9 added a new way to use it through the Verse Tab and I can already predict this is probably the main way I'll use it. It's very handy!

Blogged about here (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?p=892).

Joan Korte
07-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Michael,
These are all great stuff and a service to the Bibleworks community! Combined, your blogs have helped move me off the proverbial fence as far as purchasing the upgrade. :)

Michael Hanel
07-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Michael,
These are all great stuff and a service to the Bibleworks community! Combined, your blogs have helped move me off the proverbial fence as far as purchasing the upgrade. :)

Thanks Joan! Does that mean I can stop the series now and reclaim a few hours back for other things in life? :rolleyes:

I think I am down to about 10 more posts planned, but we'll see. :cool:

Joan Korte
07-05-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm all for more and I sure hope others out there are reading them. They serve as mini-tutorials or great ads for BW9. As far as a holiday, wasn't that yesterday? :D

Michael Hanel
07-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm all for more and I sure hope others out there are reading them. They serve as mini-tutorials or great ads for BW9. As far as a holiday, wasn't that yesterday? :D

Tell you what, I'll take up a collection for who wants to help translate some German texts I'm reading for my dissertation. The more people who volunteer the more BibleWorks posts I'll write ;)

The sort of nice part about the accidental spilling of the beans regarding BibleWorks 9 is it gave me time to write these so that people will be able to use them like you said once they get their hands on BibleWorks 9. It helps to set their expectations and orient them to what the new version can do before they have it. Then again it can also greatly arouse their desire to HAVE IT NOW!!

Michael Hanel
07-07-2011, 07:10 PM
BibleWorks now has a video of the ESV Study Bible in action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ZKqrRWqd8