PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks 9 - The Fourth Column

Michael Hanel
06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Here's a bit on one of the less specialized features that will probably be something you'll be using every day in BibleWorks 9: The Fourth Column (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?p=783).

Jim Wert
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Just wanted to point out that while the built-in 4th column is nice and handy, and has some new tabs, BW8 had (almost) equivalent functionality with a bit more effort.
I regularly use the independent Word Analysis and Resource Summary windows when I want to use the 3rd column for something else. (there is also an independent Browse window.)
I hope these stay around in 9 -- they are especially important with the Parallels window.

This is not to belittle the enhancements of BW9, just to point out how flexible BW8 is.

--Jim

Michael Hanel
06-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Just wanted to point out that while the built-in 4th column is nice and handy, and has some new tabs, BW8 had (almost) equivalent functionality with a bit more effort.
I regularly use the independent Word Analysis and Resource Summary windows when I want to use the 3rd column for something else. (there is also an independent Browse window.)
I hope these stay around in 9 -- they are especially important with the Parallels window.

This is not to belittle the enhancements of BW9, just to point out how flexible BW8 is.

--Jim

And you can still use those free floating windows. This just gets you easier window management. And with more tabs able to do more things, there will be times you want to use more space like this.