PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks 9- Updated Icons

bkMitchell
06-28-2011, 09:08 PM
:D Did anyone else notice that BibleWorks' icons have been updated in version 9?
Sure, I know that this may be a superficial change for some, but I really like the new look. Looking at the videos the GUI appears to have some new functions as well.
http://www.bibleworks.com/images/new/new-4col_full.jpg

What do the rest of you think of the new icons?

MBushell
06-28-2011, 11:56 PM
If someone likes the old icons, the program allows them to revert to the old style. But it was a high time for somethinmg more than 8 bit colors. SOme of the windows like the GSE still have 8 bit buttons. It will be a while before than can all be switched.

The main new gui feature is the 4th column. You can have two analysis window, two sets of tabs, and you can drag the tabs from one column to another. That permits you to display any two tab functions at once. It does require screen reale estate though. There are also some new tabs and many of the old tabs have been improved.

Mike

Michael Hanel
06-29-2011, 12:02 AM
The main new gui feature is the 4th column. You can have two analysis window, two sets of tabs, and you can drag the tabs from one column to another. That permits you to display any two tab functions at once. It does require screen real estate though. There are also some new tabs and many of the old tabs have been improved.

Mike

Hey you're totally going to ruin the surprise when I talk about this tomorrow in the BibleWorks blog! :rolleyes:

jimofbentley
06-29-2011, 01:05 AM
If someone likes the old icons . . .

Mike

No I don't - and I am glad of the change.

Soxfan23
06-29-2011, 01:40 AM
Any word yet on if the font sizes are easier to change in the new version or if you can put 2 non-consecutive verses in the command line? Those were my 2 main requests. I'm down with all the text-critical work being done, but since I would rarely use such resources in preparation for teaching I don't know if the upgrade is worth it for me yet. It's all really cool but just not very practical for me. I do like how they're now incorporating more add-on modules through their partnership with WordSearch (though a bit pricey). I may stick it out 3 more years and opt for BW10.

bkMitchell
06-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Any word yet on if the font sizes are easier to change in the new version or if you can put 2 non-consecutive verses in the command line? Those were my 2 main requests.

Based on the following I imagine that your font request may have been answered (later the BibleWorks blog will post on the GUI):

"In response to the variety of user suggestions, window sizes, window placement, output format, abbreviations, and font sizes can all be customized. In addition, many requests for mouse and keyboard short-cuts have been put into the program."
http://www.bibleworks.com/content/intro.html

MGVH
06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
a) No, there is no easy Decrease/Increase Font Size button. You can still get to it quickly through the set up window, and there is no longer the warning about having to restart BW.

b) No, you cannot display 2 non-consecutive versions from the command line. You can, however, use the browse sub-tab in the 3/4 column or create your own synoptic file which does allow for non-consecutive verses to be displayed.