PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Set Synopsis Coloring/Underlining?

jdarlack
09-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Has anyone put together the coloring/underlining files for the Gospel Synoptic Parallels using Fee's scheme (or any other)?

Would you be willing to share the coloring files?

Here's the outline of Fee's scheme:

1. Draw a solid (blue) line under all identical verbal correspondences (= identical wordings) between Mark and either one or both of the parallels (even if the words are in a different word order or are transposed to a place either earlier or later in the passage).
2. Draw a broken line under all verbal correspondences that have the same words but different forms (case, number, tense, voice, mood, etc.).
3. Draw a dotted line under either of the above where Matthew or Luke has a different word order or has transposed something earlier or later in the pericope.
Cited from Gordon D. Fee, New Testament Exegesis : A Handbook for Students and Pastors. (3rd ed. Louisville, Ky.: Westminster John Knox Press, 2002), 119.

An example from his book (page 120) is attached to this post.

wie
10-01-2004, 02:37 AM
This makes not much sense in the current kind of presentation in Bibleworks. The main drawback in BW is that the lines are not formatted as in the SQE.

Ok, I know, that this is difficult and time consuming to program, but it would be a MAJOR improvement. I personally often try to use the Synopsis tool, but then move quickly back to the printed version, because I cannot see the agreements/disagreements at a glance.