PDA

View Full Version : Odd Crash

pbob
06-06-2011, 11:01 AM
So...I'm in Exodus 20, and the strangest thing keeps happening. When I hover over certain words in the range of Exo 20:1-10, the program simply tanks. I can't replicate it in other passages (I obviously haven't scanned every verse of the OT...). Has anyone else ever experienced or duplicate this? Is there any way to repair it?

arggem
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
I couldn't replicate this WTT, BGT or NAU (BW 8.0.019f.2)

Does this happen in all versions? or Specific ones?

What words trigger it?

Btw, what version of BW are you using?

pbob
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I couldn't replicate this WTT, BGT or NAU (BW 8.0.019f.2)

Does this happen in all versions? or Specific ones?

What words trigger it?

Btw, what version of BW are you using?

Great questions; I just narrowed it down a bit. When in Exo 20:3, if I hover over על־פני in either WTT or WTM and the "Analysis" tab is open, nothing happens. However, if I have the "Resources" tab activated, as soon as I hover over the word, I get the little scary box that tells me BW just had a heart attack.

Something else of note, when I chose to restart the program this time, I got this message: "The CXX version is defined in multiple DBU files. Each DBU file must have a unique version ID." So...yeah.

Thanks for helping me think through it!

arggem
06-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Yup, mine croaked, too. :(

pbob
06-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Yup, mine croaked, too. :(

Welp...

I guess I'm glad to know that it's not just my install. I guess I'll see if I can report it. Thanks for your help.

Mark Eddy
06-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I have the same problem, and I reported it to the programmers. I'm sure they'll look into it very soon.
Mark Eddy

MBushell
06-07-2011, 11:11 AM
A fix has been posted for this. Look for version 8.0.019h. The problem was the very long notes enbedded in the WTM tags. Let us know if the problem persists.
Thanks,Mike

Adelphos
06-07-2011, 11:25 AM
A fix has been posted for this. Look for version 8.0.019h. The problem was the very long notes enbedded in the WTM tags. Let us know if the problem persists.

This new update causes the Browse Window to display a portion of the Analysis Window WITHIN the Browse Window itself when mousing over the Browse Window.

EDIT: If anyone is having the same problem, you can fix it by opening the Updater, then from the menu choose Options | Show downloaded/hidden patches, and then select an earlier EXE, then choose "Apply Selected Updates"

MBushell
06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks Scott. I posted a fix to the fix and it should be OK now. I was able to reproduce the crash and find the cause. The fix works on my computer. Let me know if it reappears.
Mike

Adelphos
06-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks Scott. I posted a fix to the fix and it should be OK now. I was able to reproduce the crash and find the cause. The fix works on my computer. Let me know if it reappears.

Works fine now. Thanks for the quick response.

pbob
06-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks,Mike

Huzzah! Thanks for getting on this so quickly.