PDA

View Full Version : The Feast of Tabernacles

dalemac
05-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Have you noticed that 2 of the 3 feasts have been fulfilled spiritually in the Bible in the new covenant? 1) We see the Feast of Passover was fulfilled in Jesus Christ dying for our sins so that if we partake of him and apply his blood to the door posts of our hearts, we can be forgiven of our sins and the death angel has to pass over us, and we have eternal life. We become born-again as we accept Christís sacrifice for our sins, believe God raised him form the dead, and invited Jesus into our hearts to be our lord and master. 2) The Feast of Pentecost was fulfilled in Jesus giving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost when 120 believer were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues (Acts 1-2), and believers ever since spoke in tongues (Acts 8, 10, 19), and all the NT churches spoke in tongues (1 Cor 14:18, 29 with Col 4:16) for Paul taught the same truths he taught in every church he established or ministered to, and all who believe today speak in tongues, for these signs follow them that believe (Mk 16:17). But where do you find the NT counterpart to the Feast of Tabernacles? This feast must also be fulfilled and have a New Covenant counterpart. God will give his Bride church (in these last days in the last great revival on earth) revelation and understanding concerning this feast that is not directly taught in the NT but is alluded to in many places and taught in types, shadows, illusions, and principals. As we study the OT on the Feast of Tabernacles, we see many types of what the spiritual feast will be like as revealed by Godís Spirit in the antitype. The Holy Spirit will lead us and guide us into all truth, all being based on the foundation of the written Word of God, which will always be the foundation of Spiritual truth, knowledge, and understanding.

Jude mentions evil men spoiling the believerís love feast in Jude 12, showing that they were experiencing a love (agape) feast. That is, they were experiencing so much agape from Yahweh and Jesus Christ and for one another that they were having a feast! Now where in the Bible does it tell us how to have a love feast? It doesnít, but there are most likely many hidden truths about it in other scriptures, and God will reveal this truth to his church up ahead. Are you having a love feast in your church and if not, why not? It is in the Bible and early NT saints were experiencing it!

There are many OT and NT truths taught in the Bible that the saints of God have not really experienced or come into in any real great depth, but God will bring his choice bride into all of them in the last days as he reveals more of His logos to us through the written Word and by his Holy Spirit. Some examples: Jesus said you shall be perfect even as your father in heaven is perfect and this shall happen to the choice Bride of Christ (Mat 5:48- NLT = But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect). How does one be perfect like God was? Answer = by being perfect like Jesus was, by becoming like Christ in every area of our lives. This is a very high calling! Paul said he was pressing on toward the mark of the upward calling of God in Christ Jesus (Phil 3:14, more literal Greek). This shows the spiritual, dedicated, zealous, giving, surrendered to Christ, saved, Apostle Paul had not attained to what God was calling him, and he was still pursuing it! The Bible clearly teaches that the church will come into the unity of the Faith and of the full experiential knowledge of the son of God, unto a perfect, mature man, attaining unto the whole measure of the fullness of Christ (Ephesian 4:11-14). Who has experienced that and what does this all mean and where else is it taught in the Bible and how are we a going to understand it and obtain unto this marvelous wonderful truth unless the Holy Sprit gives us more revelation and understanding that will be based on the written Word of God? This is a future prophetic promise that is going to be fulfilled in believers who seek it and when the gifts and offices are restored unto the church. And there are many, many, many other such wonderful promises that the church will come into in the last days just up ahead!

But today the church is divide over being born-again, and being spirit-filled and praying in tongues, and of who Jesus is and who God is, and over the Trinity, and over almost every major doctrine in the Bible. They havenít fully received the foundational doctrines so how can they go on to deeper and more profound truths? Most of the churches are sleepy, carnal, worldly, and donít have a deep profound move of Godís Spirit in worship and praise. Very few churches can you go to and find the saints boiling with zeal and love for God where they are praying fervently and loudly for about a Ĺ hour to 1 hour before service and then when service starts, they zealously and joyfully sing new songs of powerful praise and worship to God for about an hour or so. Then the Pastor preaches an in-depth intensified sermon on the Word of God, bringing conviction, dedication, repentance, and filled altars. They have no power with God, no miracles, no healing, no deep agape; and instead of converting the world, the world has converted them in many areas. In short, many of the churches in US are not in the place God has called them to be nor is He pleased with them. Yes they still love God and are serving Him to a degree, according to what they have been taught, but they are very far from what God has called and intended His church to be.

God intend the core group of Christians that established the nation to go on and evangelized the whole nation (and the world) and to come into all the glory that God intended the church to have. Because rest of the nation has forsaken God Ė the God that their founding fathers believed in and worshipped Ė and because the nation has committed horrible sins against God, He will allow US to fall as a nation, and we will most likely loose all our economic, political, and religious freedoms for some form of a new world order under the UN. But under these harsh scary and perilous times, many Christians will repent, seek God, and really pray and believe what was in their Bible all the time. Then God will rise up in the ďLordís DayĒ and begin to move in the greatest and most powerful revival ever. God will restore the gifts and offices to the church, and the church shall come into the truths and glory of the first century church and way beyond, and we will bring a death blow to the 7th head of the World government. God will pour out His latter rain and the church will experience the spiritual anti-type to the Feast of Tabernacles in the OT.

But as in all past revivals, there were those who repented and accepted it and entered into it, and there were those who reject it and fought against it, so will it be in this last great revival. Many Christians will reject it and fight against it, just like the Jews fought against the revival of Jesus Christ, not realizing they were actually fighting against God by fighting against Jesus! Persecution will come to the saints of God, not only from the antichrist world government but from other saints who reject this last day move of God. I plan to join it and be all that God wants me to be and intended me to be and to become his bride with out spot or wrinkle or any such thing. The scripture say the bride has made her self ready, something she had to do, showing it is not an automatic position as many claim (Rev 19:7 NAS "Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.") Now is the time to repent, clean house, seek God, and pray. Now is the time to learn all of the Word of God that you can and get spiritually ready for World government and the coming world revival and the Feast of Tabernacles. Though the conditions under world government will be harsh, God will take care of those who trust Him and are seeking to please Him in every area of their lives, and he will one day draw them together and unite them as one church and sent them forth to reap the harvest the world.

We as a church in US have failed to win the world or become all that God wanted us to become. But God in his great love and mercy will be giving us one last chance without violating our free will by allowing the nation to go under and World government to chastise us and motivate us to believe all the Word and become willingly obedient sons and daughters to all the will of God.
1Ch 28:9 (NAS) "As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a whole heart and a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts, and understands every intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will let you find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever. This doesnít just apply to Solomon but, spiritually, to every single believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. Just because you gave your life to Jesus doesnít mean you have arrived. Initial salvation is just the door to an endless life of overcoming and becoming like Christ, which is becoming like God Himself. Keep pursuing, keep seeking, keep knocking, keep praying, keep studying Godís Word, keep believing, keep obeying God, and never give up and you will overcome and become all that God wants you to be for God is no respecter of persons and will move in anyone who believes and pursues after Him!

Dalemac

PS: A special thanks for the makers of Bible Works Software. I have used this single tool more than anything else for all my Bible studies and at 62, Iím still going and ever learning, ever trusting, ever believing, and ever overcoming. It has been worth the cost to me. God has allowed me to suffer greatly, and it has kept me in a place of ever seeking Him and trusting Him and pursuing Him for I have a long ways to go to be what God wants me to be. I will never give up or stop believing. I will never say I have arrived when there is no end to what you can become in God if you will only believe and pursue. The sky is your limit as-it-were!

Adelphos
05-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Well, there you go again. You have yet again made too many errors to point out (once again), but suffice it to say that -- just for starters -- Jesus fulfilled four feasts, not two, and all were the spring feasts. The three remaining feasts will be fulfilled upon Jesus' return.

You really should at least get the basics down before you start instructing others.

dalemac
05-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Well, there you go again. You have yet again made too many errors to point out (once again), but suffice it to say that -- just for starters -- Jesus fulfilled four feasts, not two, and all were the spring feasts. The three remaining feasts will be fulfilled upon Jesus' return.

You really should at least get the basics down before you start instructing others.

Jesus fulfilled all the feasts but there are 3 main feasts that all Israel was required to attended (Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles), and the Bible clearly teaches a NT fulfillment to Passover and Pentecost but if does not cover Tabernacles and there has got to be a reason why. There is not a stated fulfillment of Tabernacles like there is of PO and Pentecost in NT. All 3 main feasts were fulfilled by Jesus in the New Covenant, not when Jesus returns (and I assume you are referring to what many refer to as the second coming when Christ comes to set up his millennial rule). I think most understand what Iím saying and if you believe it is wrong, you should state so with your proof arguments / scriptures.

Dalemac

bkMitchell
05-30-2011, 01:04 AM
... have been fulfilled spiritually in the Bible in the new covenant?

In context I am guessing that
'fulfilled Spiritually' means: allegorically conceiving or re-appropriating events and themes found in the Hebrew Bible so that they find their connection(or so that they might be applied) in the NT with meanings different from their original source texts.

Sukkot(The feast of booths) is found mentioned in Leviticus 23 and in that context the rules for how it was to be conducted/fulfilled were laid out.

In the NT I too have not found any mention of individuals erecting Sukkot and dwelling in them nor of anyone bring a burnt-offering, and a meal-offering, a sacrifice, and drink-offerings, each on its own day as required.

The book of Zechariah also alludes to the feast of booths, however once again the fulfillment in that book of 'the feast' in question does not appear to be related to any said, NT fulfillment. Nor, have I found any reference or allusion to it in the NT to Leviticus 23 or Zech 14.

A special thanks for the makers of Bible Works Software. I have used this single tool more than anything else for all my Bible studies
Would you mind posting your search queries and list your exegetical method step by step so that I might follow an out line and thus attempt to conduct your query and demonstrate it for myself using BibleWorks?

dalemac
05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
In context I am guessing that
'fulfilled Spiritually' means: allegorically conceiving or re-appropriating events and themes found in the Hebrew Bible so that they find their connection(or so that they might be applied) in the NT with meanings different from their original source texts.

Sukkot(The feast of booths) is found mentioned in Leviticus 23 and in that context the rules for how it was to be conducted/fulfilled were laid out.

In the NT I too have not found any mention of individuals erecting Sukkot and dwelling in them nor of anyone bring a burnt-offering, and a meal-offering, a sacrifice, and drink-offerings, each on its own day as required.

The book of Zechariah also alludes to the feast of booths, however once again the fulfillment in that book of 'the feast' in question does not appear to be related to any said, NT fulfillment. Nor, have I found any reference or allusion to it in the NT to Leviticus 23 or Zech 14.

Would you mind posting your search queries and list your exegetical method step by step so that I might follow an out line and thus attempt to conduct your query and demonstrate it for myself using BibleWorks?

Spiritually, I mean there is a spiritual application or fulfillment to many of the things that natural Israel did in the Old Covenant that applies to the New Covenant church. This is not the same as allegorical. For example, the PO that Israel was commanded to keep in the natural, the NT church is to keep by applying it spiritually. The NT clearing teaches Jesus is the PO lamb and that he died to take way our sins. John the Baptist said in Joh 1:29 The next day he saw Jesus coming to him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! We are cleansed and made white by the blood of Jesus (Rev 7:14), and Jesus said whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day (John 6:54). Obviously he is not talking literally but figuratively; that is, we are to partake of Christ in a spiritual way to have eternal life. So the spiritual application to the Passover must be applying the blood of Jesus (as the Passover lamb) to the door posts of our hearts like Israel did in the natural so that the death angel would pass over them. Since we all still experience death, it must be the second death that the angel is passing over us, which means we have eternal life by asking God to forgive us of our sins. When Israel sinned they had to sacrifice a lamb by faith, believing God that if they were obedient in this outward ritual, God would forgive them of their sins. If we ask God by faith to forgive us by believing Jesus died for our sins, shedding his blood for us (which the lamb typified), we too will be forgiven and have eternal life (this is the spiritual application). Of course there is much more involved for the NT says we must confess our sins to God He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9), and if we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus and believe that God raised him from the dead we shall be saved (Rom 10:9). For with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. For "Whoever will call upon the name of the LORD will be saved." (Rom 10:10, 13).

There are many more spiritual applications to Passover which take enlightenment from the Spirit of God to understand as one studies the Word of God.

I do know that one has to fulfill the first feast in order to go on to the second feast and one has to partake, spiritually, of the second feast in order to go on to the third feast or none of this will really make any sense to anyone. When I became born-again, a light came on and I saw the Word of God and life all around me differently. When I was filled with the Spirit, the light became even brighter and I had ability that I didnít have before to see and follow things. The Word of God is like God himself, there seems to be no end to the revelation and understanding of it. You can study it your whole life time and never get to the end of it, and it can be fresh every morning like the manna that God fed to Israel, another spiritual application. A lot of this is the Holy Spirit leading and guiding us into all truth.

ďWould you mind posting your search queries and list your exegetical method step by step so that I might follow an out line and thus attempt to conduct your query and demonstrate it for myself using BibleWorks?Ē

You are quite a bit beyond me, and I am not sure how to answer your request. Iím sharing things right from my memory of what I have been taught and then searched out to see if it is true from the word of God, and we are not the only ones who believe this. I mainly use Bible works for checking out different translations, copying verses, checking out the Greek or Hebrew, checking out lexical meaning, doing scripture searches, Greek usage searches, and some GK grammar. I have my list of translations and parallel passages but I have only dabbled a bit in the other features of BW. I do use the analysis and resource windows a lot. I do a lot of searches but donít save any. I have no special method. I do follow principals of Hermeneutics, and logic (best I can), and a lot more principals not found in books.

Thank you,

Dalemac

bkMitchell
05-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks, now I get it!

Your examples were really informative and well chosen!
Okay, I see that some of the examples that you cited are Metaphors. Jesus was not literally a 'lamb', but he was metaphorically or symbolically called the passover lamb for the authors and the historical audience of the NT writings. This spiritual fulfillment seems to mean: to culturally and socially adapt principles and rituals from Hebrew Bible to fit a different environment.

Dale A. Brueggemann
06-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Jesus was not literally a 'lamb', but he was metaphorically or symbolically called the passover lamb.

I would say this statement is backwards, at least if "literally" means "really" in that sentence. The OT lamb was the symbol, and Jesus Christ is the reality. What the OT lamb could only symbolize, Jesus Christ fulfilled. Same with the OT priesthood, temple, Davidic king, and so forth.

bkMitchell
06-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I would say this statement is backwards, at least if "literally" means "really" in that sentence.

By, "literally" I meant "physically". Regardless of the theological view point held the Jesus referred to in the Gospels can not seriously be construed as a quadruped mammal? For, that reason I considered the phrase "Lamb of God" as an expression to be taken to be figuratively.