PDA

View Full Version : Nlt nas

dalemac
05-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Has anyone done a Bible translation study to find the difference between the two NLTs, the early version of 1966 and the later and very differet version on 2004? Why does BW use the later NLT version instead of the orginal? BW-5 has the orignal NLT but not BW 7-8? why was the change not noted or was it?

Dido with NAS, the early version (1971) is the most accurate and the later versions (1972- 1977) are not except the updated one (1995) is suppose to be like the orginal. Has anyone found this to be true. I have the orgianl NAS and NLT.

Dalemac

Michael Hanel
05-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Has anyone done a Bible translation study to find the difference between the two NLTs, the early version of 1966 and the later and very differet version on 2004? Why does BW use the later NLT version instead of the orginal? BW-5 has the orignal NLT but not BW 7-8? why was the change not noted or was it?

Dido with NAS, the early version (1971) is the most accurate and the later versions (1972- 1977) are not except the updated one (1995) is suppose to be like the orginal. Has anyone found this to be true. I have the orgianl NAS and NLT.

Dalemac

I'm not sure anyone here has done any comparisons of the texts, but if you do searches on Google you can probably find some people who have. The reason why later versions of BibleWorks has these updated versions has nothing to do with whether they think they are superior or inferior. The licensors of these texts generally only license the latest version. Therefore BibleWorks doesn't really have a choice. They have on occasion been able to include older versions of texts for those who have had older versions because they've already purchased licenses for these. The whole thing is complicated, but ultimately it has more to do with the copyright holders than it does with BibleWorks.