PDA

View Full Version : 3 problems

dalemac
05-19-2011, 03:49 PM
I couldn’t find anything on these in FAQ. How do I:

1) Stop the constant putting of parentheses around the reference when exporting and / or the Translation reference when not wanted. (John 1:2 NIV). Most are going to NIV and it is not necessary to have this when copying a reference for Bible study. This looks better for a refer in a Bible study: John 1:2, rather than this: (John 1:2 NIV)

2) Also the repeating of the Translation and removal of the verse number at beginning of the chapter: (Mat 4:1-2 NIV) NIV Matthew 4:1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil.
2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.

3) Also the font is a real problem. There is a great number who use #12 font for easier reading. A number 10 font is too small and it takes so much time to change it when exporting to MS Word. How do I export to number 12?

SkipB
05-19-2011, 06:00 PM
If you click on the wrench icon and then select option flags, you will see a dialog that will let you set output format controlling the formatting and placement of the reference (If you are copying from multi-version mode, be sure not to select reference on screen for maximum formatting control). Output font is controlled from the General - font section of the list. I would recommend placing your desired settings in the Unicode Fonts section and then be sure to check the box labeled "Use these settings for verse text (Override Settings in output format section)
That should address your needs. you can actually format different output formats so that you can actually define different output formats that can be selected from the verse copy menu. Very customizable and flexible.

almather
05-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Just a little more detail. If you follow Skip's instruction you will also see "Output Format Options". In the screens that open when these options are click, there is a "reference format" section. The info in the reference section of what is copied can be played with. I haven't made a lot of changes but this is where you could make changes to have the chapter/verse but not the version.

Al