PDA

View Full Version : Which Thayer Lexicon is That?

Lee
04-22-2011, 01:25 PM
While studying through some notes I took several years ago, I found a quote I took from Thayer's lexicon. When checking the correctness of my quote against Thayer on BW, I found my quote included more than the BW Thayer provided.

I looked at the BW homepage to see which is included in BW8, and it claims that both Thayer's abridged and unabridged are included. However, in my list of BW resources, I only show one Thayer lexicon. So which is it? And if it is the abridged, how do I/can I get the unabridged to display?

Thanks for any help.

Lee
04-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Okay, I've already partially answered my question. I looked at Thayer's lexicon on e-Sword, which is clearly the abridged version, and it is verbatim what is in my notes.

I'm still kind of curious why the list of contents on BW8 includes two Thayer lexicons, but only one seems to be available.

Glenn Weaver
04-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi Lee,

The abridged Thayer is used with the Strong's numbers in a variety of the Bible versions such as the KJV. This abridged version is from the Online Bible Foundation. The full Thayer lexicon works with the Greek texts.

Blessings,
Glenn

Lee
04-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Thanks, Glenn--I see it now. I love the number of resources BW has, but sometimes they can be a little hard to find.