PDA

View Full Version : Lock top version in Browse Window, a la Excel's "Freeze Panes"?

AbramKJ
04-21-2011, 10:01 AM
I find that my use of BibleWorks tends to revolve around analysis and translation of either the BHS/WTT or the GNT. I find it useful to compare either of those texts to multiple translations at once. One thing that would be really handy is if in the Browse Window I could "freeze" or lock the top version (for me, generally WTT or GNT). MS Excel has the "Freeze Panes" feature where you can lock a given column or row if you want it to stay with you as you scroll through a spreadsheet.

Does anyone know if there's a way to do this in BW8? I didn't see anything in the help files or in the forum. I may make a features request/recommendation if there's nothing to this end already. I'm guessing others might find it helpful, too?

Regards,
Abram

Adelphos
04-21-2011, 04:21 PM
BW currently can't do this, but it would indeed be a nice feature, and you should probably submit it as a feature request at the BibleWorks main website.

For now, one sort-of workaround is to double-click on the "Analysis" tab in the STATUS BAR at the very bottom of BW. This will show/hide the Resources pane, which will allow you to instantly view more versions in the Browse window.

But I do like your suggestion, and would also like to see it as a new feature down the pike.

cccfree
04-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks for this! Was looking all over for this!

jimofbentley
04-22-2011, 07:52 PM
For now, one sort-of workaround is to double-click on the "Analysis" tab in the STATUS BAR at the very bottom of BW. This will show/hide the Resources pane, which will allow you to instantly view more versions in the Browse window.

Thanks Scott. I didn't realise that I could do that. Much appreciated.