PDA

View Full Version : Why are bible-versions affected by antichrist used as default in bibleworks ?

Kriss
03-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Here are all bad ones, wich have very few manuscripts:
ancestors of alexandrian (Socalled lost, but very few)
->Papyrus 66 200AD
->Papyrus 75 200AD
->Codex B 4th cent
->Codex Aleph 4th cent
->RV 1881
->ASV 1901
->RSV 1946
->New English Bible 1961
Ancestors of western family (very few manuscripts)
->Old latin version 2nd cent
->Latin Vulgate 4th cent
->Codex D 5th or 6th cent
->Codex D2 6th cent
->Codex E2 7th cent
->Douay rheims 1582
->good news bible

From these two bad lines also comes niv, nlt, esv, etc..

I also see that inside bibleworks the nestle's versions are also standard, i want to remove all these bad versions, and doesn't seem to be able to do so.

Like i can see examples like this where the application is BGM Bibelworks LXX/BNT Morphology.

I wish to study the original and true texts wich had most widely manuscripts that were not HIDDEN, or of gnostics.

Like from this line:

I would very much like to hear about a list where i can find these following for bibleworks:

Lost manuscripts of the traditional texts (thousands of manuscripts) Mostly every bible before 1914
->Peshitta Syriac 2nd cent.
->Gothic Version 4th cent
->Codex W(matthew) 4 or 5th cent
->Codex A(gospels) 5th cent
->The vast majority of extant New testament Manuscripts
->kjv 1611

Adelphos
03-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Speaking of antichrist, I saw that fellow the other day. It was up by Canyon Road.

Ol’ Joe Schloe from Muleshoe had that fellow by his pitchfork and was just beatin’ the fire out of him.

I don’t suspect ol’ Slewfoot knew that Joe Schloe from Muleshoe frequented these parts, but he sure found out that day! Yessiree!

I hope ain’t nobody ‘round here ill-mannered enough to ask me about ol’ Joe Schloe from Muleshoe. Ol’ Joe set the last bunch strait who made such inquiry about him.

Well, okay, I’ll just go ahead and tell you a little about Joe Schloe from Muleshoe, just to save any who might not actually know about him.

You see, friends of ol’ Joe’s were always trying to figure out how Joe hisself was friends with so many world leaders and cee-lebrities, and they was always challenging him to prove that he really did know one or another of these folk. So, time after time Joe proved that, yes, he really was friends with so-and-so, and so Joe’s friends, of course, were amazed every time.

Well, to make a long story short, the last episode his friends challenged ol’ Joe Schloe from Muleshoe on was the Pope. You see, one day in the course of conversation ol’ Joe Schloe from Muleshoe let it slip that he and the Pope were good friends. Joe’s buddies, of course, just couldn’t buy that one, so they challenged him on it.

Joe told ‘em that he would prove it to them once again, but this time it was gonna cost ‘em. They’d all have to fly to Rome on their own dime and would have to appear in St. Peter’s square at a certain date and time if they wanted to find out the truth about Joe Schloe from Muleshoe and the Pope.

Naturally, they took Joe up on his bet, so off they went.

Well, at the aforesaid appointed date and time, Joe’s friends were jam-packed into a monstrous crowd in St. Peter’s square, as this was a day the Pope hissself was gonna give a special benediction to the people.

And suddenly, out they came onto the balcony – the Pope and one other man. The crowd in St. Peter’s Square went absolutely berserk with clapping and screaming. And Ol’ Joe’s friends, of course, were quite amazed at the size and exuberance of the crowd, even though they could barely make out the two individuals on the balcony, seeing as how far back they were.

Anyway, after the commotion died down a bit, ol’ Joe’s friends leaned over and asked one of the locals what all the fuss was about,and they were told it was because of the importance of the man on the balcony.

Joe’s friends exchanged glances with each other and then asked the local just WHO those men were on the balcony, to which the local replied, “I don’t know who that little guy in the beanie is, but the man standing next to him is Joe Schloe from Muleshoe!”

O’l Slewfoot shoulda known better than to come up around Canyon road that day.

And by the way, ol’ Slewfoot was carrying a big, fat NIV with him at the time. That’s probably why ol’ Joe Schloe from Muleshoe was so rough on him. -J

Kriss
03-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Admin, please clean up the thread

Adelphos
03-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Admin, please clean up the thread

I hope ol' Joe Schloe from Muleshoe doesn't read that remark!

Admin won't get here til tomorrow, as they only work on work days. So you still got time before Joe Schloe from Muleshoe might read it.

Adelphos
03-27-2011, 03:55 PM
By the way, Kiss, you can go to the unofficial BibleWorks blog to find a ton of additional resources. The blog can be found HERE (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/)

bkMitchell
03-27-2011, 10:22 PM
I also see that inside bibleworks the nestle's versions are also standard, i want to remove all these...

See the Help file section# 50 Set up Options then scroll down to "updating, adding, and Removing Databases"

If you need to add or remove databases or Bible versions to your installation, insert the BibleWorks program disk and click the "Proceed" button in the "Add or Remove Databases" section. This will open InstallShield, which will walk you through the steps to add and remove databases and versions.

:confused:I wasn't aware that there were any anarchist Bible Versions that came with BW?:confused:

Although, in general BW and BW forum users stay away making political statements, this however, does not mean that we forum users are in favor of anarchy. Rather, as many of us here are people of faith we are avoiding needless arguments that only cause division and do not lead to better relationship with God. Of course, you are free to hold to your own political opinions and I encourage you to do so in the Forum: non-BibleWorks discussion (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?7-non-BibleWorks-discussion) area.

As, for the various translations and manuscript transcriptions that you mentioned, they do not in my humble opinion appear to be motivated, by some desire to do away with government. (I do understand that there was some controversy caused by some of the notes in the Geneva Bible. Never the less, it is important for historical reasons).

MTan
03-28-2011, 10:56 AM
This thread is veering off-topic into flamewar land and so it is now closed. To remove versions from your installation, please see the referenced Help section. Not all versions can be removed, however, because BibleWorks requires them for the various features to work. These versions include KJV, BGM, BGT, and others.

Kriss, if you want to discuss mss issues and related theological implications you have to follow the forum rules (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_postingpolicy).