PDA

View Full Version : IE9, Anybody?

Adelphos
03-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Anybody gone over to to IE9 yet? If so, what say you?

ISalzman
03-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Hey Scott, funny you should ask. I read several days ago that Microsoft was releasing IE 9.0 and that it would most likely be an automatic update. When I read your question, I opened up IE to look at what version I was running, and it is still version 8. I guess my system hasn't done the automatic update yet. Not that it really matters to me that much; I pretty much use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox most of the time. Have you used it? And what do you think?

Adelphos
03-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, I finally installed IE9 after reading up other users. I do like it better, and it appears to be faster, as advertised, and sleeker. Of course, those who use other browsers probably won't think any more of 9 than they did of 8.

ISalzman
03-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Of course, those who use other browsers probably won't think any more of 9 than they did of 8.

Not necessarily. I would be willing to give it a try when my system downloads it. I think it deserves a hearing and fair trial. I would say, in the past, IE has definitely not been as fast or as sleek as some of the other browsers. (I don't think anything compares to Google Chrome for speed) But I'm sure that Microsoft is constantly looking to upgrade and improve their product (as are the other browsers' creators). So I fully expect to give IE 9 a try. The funny thing is that I don't think any of the browsers are perfect. They all bring their own strengths and weaknesses to the table. Thanks for your feedback about IE 9.

Adelphos
03-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Not necessarily. I would be willing to give it a try when my system downloads it. I think it deserves a hearing and fair trial. I would say, in the past, IE has definitely not been as fast or as sleek as some of the other browsers. (I don't think anything compares to Google Chrome for speed) But I'm sure that Microsoft is constantly looking to upgrade and improve their product (as are the other browsers' creators). So I fully expect to give IE 9 a try. The funny thing is that I don't think any of the browsers are perfect. They all bring their own strengths and weaknesses to the table. Thanks for your feedback about IE 9.

I recently upgraded to Office 2010, and Outlook and OneNote are indispensable to me, so I have decided to keep all MS products together for the integration, which means IE9. Besides, my browsing is not so fine-tuned that I need any more than what I already have, but the integration is the main thing. Plus, since I'm also now running Win 7 64-bit it just all works together pretty seamlessly.

ISalzman
03-26-2011, 08:26 AM
I recently upgraded to Office 2010, and Outlook and OneNote are indispensable to me, so I have decided to keep all MS products together for the integration, which means IE9. Besides, my browsing is not so fine-tuned that I need any more than what I already have, but the integration is the main thing. Plus, since I'm also now running Win 7 64-bit it just all works together pretty seamlessly.

Makes sense. By the way, how do you like the newest version of Office? I assume you must have the Professional version since you mentioned One Note and Outlook. Also, do you ever find any need and/or application for MS Access?

Adelphos
03-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Makes sense. By the way, how do you like the newest version of Office? I assume you must have the Professional version since you mentioned One Note and Outlook. Also, do you ever find any need and/or application for MS Access?

I love Office 2010. It is finally what Office should be, and yes, I have a few databases that I keep various info in, so I use Access as well, but not as often as I use the other apps. Mostly I use Word, Outlook, and OneNote, whereas Excel, Access, Powerpoint I use only sporadically. I also upgraded to the latest Adobe Acrobat X, and all of these together have very nice integration.

ISalzman
03-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks Scott. Hoping to get Office 2010 myself soon.

SteveO
08-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks Scott. Hoping to get Office 2010 myself soon.

As someone whose full-time employment is on the Microsoft Office team, I'm glad to hear you like it! :)

ISalzman
08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
We're glad to make you glad, Steve.