PDA

View Full Version : How to search GK text for punctuation?

PurePoncho
03-22-2011, 08:42 PM
I'd like to generate a list of questions in the UBSGNT4/NA27 texts, but don't know if it's possible to search for interrogation marks (;) in BibleWorks. Can anyone help me?

Mark Eddy
03-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Something similar came up recently. See the following thread:
Sentences ending with a question mark (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?4789-Sentences-ending-with-a-question-mark)
Suggestion: Before you start a new thread, you may want to try "Search Forum" at the top right hand side of "General BibleWorks discussion" to search the already-existing threads to see if your question as been answered. That's what I did to find this thread. It took less time to find the thread than it is taking to write this.
Mark Eddy

PurePoncho
03-23-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm still having a bit of difficulty doing what I really wish to do. I want to search the Greek text for the interrogation mark (;), not the English translation for a question mark (?). I've tried to manipulate the advanced search engine, but it does not want to recognize "shift 8" as the interrogation mark. Instead, it always just displays as an asterisk. Am I right in thinking punctuation is not searchable in the Greek text?

MGVH
03-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Attached is a QF file using the Graphical Search Engine.
The trick is specifying required punctuation in the ordering box.

PurePoncho
03-24-2011, 10:50 AM
That's exactly what I was looking for.