PDA

View Full Version : Copying text to Dreamweaver from BW8



mtp1032
03-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Using BW8 I can no longer copy Hebrew text to the Dreamweaver editor and maintain RTL ordering. In BW7 this was no problem.

The only change has been my upgrade to BW8 from BW7.

Any advice? Hints? Suggestions?

Blessings,

Michael

Kimba
03-15-2011, 07:27 AM
The only thing I can think of is to do the following:

<p style="direction:rtl">
3 וַיֹּאמֶר אֵלַי זֹאת הָאָלָה הַיּוֹצֵאת עַל־פְּנֵי כָל־הָאָרֶץ כִּי כָל־הַגֹּנֵב מִזֶּה כָּמוֹהָ נִקָּה וְכָל־הַנִּשְׁבָּע מִזֶּה כָּמוֹהָ נִקָּה<br />
4 הוֹצֵאתִיהָ נְאֻם יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת וּבָאָה אֶל־בֵּית הַגַּנָּב וְאֶל־בֵּית הַנִּשְׁבָּע בִּשְׁמִי לַשָּׁקֶר וְלָנֶה בְּתוֹךְ בֵּיתוֹ וְכִלַּתּוּ וְאֶת־עֵצָיו וְאֶת־אֲבָנָיו <br />
5 וַיֵּצֵא הַמַּלְאָךְ הַדֹּבֵר בִּי וַיֹּאמֶר אֵלַי שָׂא נָא עֵינֶיךָ וּרְאֵה מָה הַיּוֹצֵאת הַזֹּאת<br />
</p>

mtp1032
03-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks Kimba. I tried your suggestion and it did not work. Fortunately, I retained my BW7 installation on my laptop. So, in order to copy Hebrew text into Dreamweaver (CS4) I select the text from BW7, rather than my BW8 installation. It's very cumbersome, but workable.

But the question still remains: For those who wish to publish their work via the leading Web Development environment (i.e., Dreamweaver), the use of BW8 is problematic. But, I still would really, really like this question answered/resolved.

Blessings,

Michael

Kimba
03-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Bummers, I have it working in DW CS5 then pasted it into notepad and saved it as a html file and opened it in Firefox and it worked.

Complete HTML Below:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
<p style="direction:rtl">
3 וַיֹּאמֶר אֵלַי זֹאת הָאָלָה הַיּוֹצֵאת עַל־פְּנֵי כָל־הָאָרֶץ כִּי כָל־הַגֹּנֵב מִזֶּה כָּמוֹהָ נִקָּה וְכָל־הַנִּשְׁבָּע מִזֶּה כָּמוֹהָ נִקָּה<br />
4 הוֹצֵאתִיהָ נְאֻם יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת וּבָאָה אֶל־בֵּית הַגַּנָּב וְאֶל־בֵּית הַנִּשְׁבָּע בִּשְׁמִי לַשָּׁקֶר וְלָנֶה בְּתוֹךְ בֵּיתוֹ וְכִלַּתּוּ וְאֶת־עֵצָיו וְאֶת־אֲבָנָיו <br />
5 וַיֵּצֵא הַמַּלְאָךְ הַדֹּבֵר בִּי וַיֹּאמֶר אֵלַי שָׂא נָא עֵינֶיךָ וּרְאֵה מָה הַיּוֹצֵאת הַזֹּאת<br />
</p>
</body>
</html>

mtp1032
03-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks, again, Kimba. I have finally gotten it to work and, as you might imagine, the problem was of my own making. Evidently, what happens is this:

1. Copy from BW8 to Dreamweaver (CS4). Note that the Hebrew text is left-to-right in the CS4 editor.

2. Post note in BW forums whining about BW8 problems.

3. Spend hours doing all kinds of rude CSS things.

4. As a last resort display the CS4 page in a Web browser.

5. Voila -- works fine.

If I had just bothered to test the web page I would have learned that even though the Hebrew text was left-to-right in the editor, when the browser actually reads the HTML, it knows to orient the text correctly.

Now, I'm just trying to get the text to line up on the right margin and not the left.

BTW, I'm loving BW8

Blessings,

Michael