PDA

View Full Version : some basic questions

John Chesebro
03-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I recently had to setup BW on a new computer. It was years ago that I set it up previously. Is there a simple way to export BW settings from one computer to another? I don't remember at all how I set it up before. Especially if you could direct me how to change the action of the shift key when moving the cursor in a window. Also how to change the morphological display from a single line to where each lemma has its own column. Thank you much.
John

Glenn Weaver
03-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi John,

I'm unclear about the settings which you describe. Could you give a bit more information, and perhaps a screenshot of what you want to accomplish?

Thanks!

John Chesebro
03-03-2011, 09:17 AM
Thank you for the reply. I spent some more time with the program and figured out most of the answers to my questions. One had to do with the "View>Show/Hide>Interlinear Mode", the other with right clicking in an Analysis Window and selecting "Update Only When Shift Key Depressed" to change the behavior in the Analysis Window when the mouse moves in the Browser Window and the shift key is held down. I wanted the Analysis Window to change only when the shift key is held down.

The larger question is this. Is there some way to export or save (all or any) settings from my old installation of BW that is set up nicely and to bring them into a new installation on a different computer? Other programs that I use have such an option so that settings can be exported to a file and then imported later or into a different instance of the program. If there was it would also be a way of backing up my settings as there have been times when some of them changed. (And I don't think I did it.) And then I knew of no other way to restore them but to go in and do it manually.

Thank you for considering my question.

John

Glenn Weaver
03-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi John,

The Interlinear mode only works for Greek morphology versions. It does not work with Hebrew morphology. By resizing the Browse Window you can approximate a one-line per word in Hebrew morphology.

The Shift feature for the Analysis Window is changed by placing your cursor in the Analysis Tab, then right-click to open the Context Menu, then select "Update Only When Shift Key Depressed".

As far as transferring your settings, here is a link to a recent forum thread that gives instructions and a link to a BibleWorks FAQ on how to do this. Especially read the post by Mark Cannon concerning your bw800.ini file and for the link to the BibleWorks FAQ.

http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?4826-File-Transfer-to-New-PC

Blessings,

John Chesebro
03-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Thank you again.

John