PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a way to rearrange the order of parsing elements in word tips?

AbramKJ
02-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know how to change the order of parsing elements in the word tips section of the Browse window? Perhaps this is tied to the order of parsing elements in the Analysis window? Although I can't see how to change that, either.

For example, a noun in BibleWorks is parsed as "noun genitive masculine plural common," but supposing I want to see the order [gender-number-case] instead of [case-gender-number], how would I go about doing that?

Granted, this is a little nitpicky, but if I could get it to the parsing order I'm used to, it would be nice.

Mark Eddy
02-15-2011, 06:13 PM
I also learned the parsing in a different order, but each word in the Greek and Hebrew morphology databases in BW is tagged with parsing information in the order given. So currently it is not possible to change the display order. I suppose if enough people wanted a different order, the programmers could write a work-around, but I figured long ago that it was probably easier for me to learn their order than for the program to become more complicated and perhaps consufe people by allowing the order to be changed.
Mark Eddy

AbramKJ
02-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the helpful feedback, Mark!