PDA

View Full Version : Large Delete in a Color File

TimM
02-08-2011, 08:33 AM
If I have one color file, say in BGT, that has 50 aorists in 47 verses highlighted in blue, and 27 future tense verbs in 20 verses highlighted in red, is there a way to delete only the blue highlights, but *all* the blue highlights, all at one time? Or do I need to go each of the 47 verses and use the "Remove" button?

Thanks! Tim

TimM
02-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Since I have had no response from users in the forum, could someone from the BW staff address my question. I wonder if I am trying to use the color files in a way not intended, i.e., to store multiple, different color markings for different verses in the same file. Perhaps the design intent was to have one color scheme per file and that is why the design allows multiple color files per text version.

Thank you, Tim

Michael Hanel
02-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Since I have had no response from users in the forum, could someone from the BW staff address my question. I wonder if I am trying to use the color files in a way not intended, i.e., to store multiple, different color markings for different verses in the same file. Perhaps the design intent was to have one color scheme per file and that is why the design allows multiple color files per text version.

Thank you, Tim

Sorry Tim, I don't really use color files the way you do, so I can't answer your question. Although it is entirely possible you will get BibleWorks staff to answer your question, your better option is to contact Customer Service through their normal means (http://www.bibleworks.com/support.html).

MGVH
02-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Can't you just set the color files as two separate searches? Ie, one for the aorists and one for the future?

TimM
02-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Mark,

I could have done this and will do so next time, but I did not realize how the color files seem to work. I assumed that in exporting the contents of the color file to the search window or by creating a new search, I would then be able to update (in this case, delete) the "hits" within the color file.

I realize now that "mass coloring" is one way, i.e., search results can be colorized all at once, but cannot be undone all at once.

Tim