PDA

View Full Version : Friberg Link

jthomp
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
This is probably trivial but I thought Id pass it on since BW is so good at fixing even the minor bugs in their program. I was studying 1 Cor 5 and noticed one of the links to 1 C 5.5 is incorrectly linked to MT 5.3 in Friberg (see (3) below). Since 1C is not highlighted but 5.3 is, the system is probably picking up MT from the immediately previous reference (MT 27.50).

The following is from Friberg:

22270 πνεῦμα, ατος, τό(1) as derived from πνέω(blow), of the movement of air; (a) blowing, wind (probably JN 3.8a and HE 1.7); (b) breathing, breath (2TH 2.8; possibly MT 27.50 in the sense "he breathed his last"); (2) as a condition and agent of life breath (of life), life spirit, soul (LU 8.55; possibly MT 27.50 in the sense "he dismissed his spirit"); (3) as the immaterial part of the human personality, spirit in contrast to the outward and visible aspects of σάρξ(flesh) and σῶμα(body) (1C 5.3; 2C 7.1);

Mark Eddy
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM
The place to send notices like this is dberrors@bibleworks.com.
Glenn will get to them eventually, and usually such corrections are made in the next release or when a major update of the database is made, whichever comes first. But since there are probably dozens, if not hundreds of such minor hyperlink errors, don't expect BW to repost every reported fix. It could lead to far too frequent downloads by us users, and thus higher costs for BW.
Mark Eddy

ISalzman
02-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Thanks for reporting the bad link. If we, the users, don't report our findings, the errors will never be corrected. By the way, I find that BW has a pretty good track record with links. There's another bible software company - "The L Word" to borrow a recent Showtime "push the envelope" type show - that has gazillions of bad links. It's maddening at times. Funny thing is that, there, when you report a typo, you get an e-mail thanking you for doing so. But, then, there's the disclaimer that you'll only get one acknowledgment per day, regardless of how many typos you report that day. Good thing because my e-mail inbox would be flooded otherwise.

Lee
02-05-2011, 01:40 AM
There's another bible software company - "The L Word"

Larry's Bible Software? :confused:

ISalzman
02-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, that's it exactly, Lee! :)