PDA

View Full Version : How do I display full chapters of LXX?

jdmhotness
01-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to display the full text of the LXX in the middle window. I can toggle were it shows me the full chapter of the English version, but I don't quite understand how to change it where it displays the full Greek version, rather than just one verse by verse with the Hebrew, English, and Greek.

I have tried changing the display version, but it seems to only change the version on the single verse type.
thoughts?

Mark Eddy
01-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Make either BGT or LXT the search version. (E.g. in multiple version mode right click on the version abbreviatioin "BGT" and from the drop-down menu choose "Make This the Current Search Version", or click on the arrow to the right of the search version ID window, and cloose BGT from the list. Then click on the button with the pair of shoes (to the left of the version ID window) to go to browse mode. You'll now see nothing but LXX in the browse window (provide you are in the Old Testament).
Mark Eddy

Michael Hanel
01-24-2011, 09:06 PM
There are a couple of ways to do this. Click the middle window (where the verses are being displayed) and press the letter "b" or on the bottom of the BibleWorks application double click the word "Browse" along the bottom of the screen.

This will stop you from using the verse-by-verse mode. If the version displaying is not the LXX version you want simply go to the command line and type in the version you want to be displayed a chapter at a time.

(Mark wins, but I think you see that there are multiple ways to do it.)

Jim Wert
01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Taking the title of your request literally, all you have to do is enter a chapter reference on the command line, rather than a verse reference.
For example, enter "psa 1" and the full psalm will display in each of the display versions, allowing you to scroll between versions.

This way does not allow you to scroll between chapters; each new chapter has to be named on the command line.

Also, the way of Mark & Mike displays each verse on a new line; this alternate way displays the verses in a continuous stream. Which sometimes is nice and sometimes isn't.

Note: This technique is not limited to single chapters; it can be used for any range of verses/chapters that can be entered on the command line.

Note second: This all assumes that you are in multiple version mode, not in browse mode.

Kimba
01-25-2011, 04:06 PM
What I do all the time:

In the Command Line type 'p BGT NAU' or what ever versions you want and that way you see them parallel.

The problem with this is that you cannot see all those cool references, but you do see the context in the various versions.

This is the feature that I use every day and lots of nights because I look at various parallel passages as well.

Jim Wert
01-26-2011, 01:28 PM
What I do all the time:

In the Command Line type 'p BGT NAU' or what ever versions you want and that way you see them parallel.

The problem with this is that you cannot see all those cool references, but you do see the context in the various versions.

If you have room on your screen, you can open freestanding Analysis and Resources windows, which give most of the supplementary stuff at the hover of a mouse.

One way to open them is, in the browse, not parallel, window, click on the box to the left of the footprints -- it's a check mark over an open book -- and select "New Word Analysis Window" and/or "New Resource Summary Window".

The Analysis window will respond to any version that has notes or tags; the Resource window seems to respond only to Greek or Hebrew tagged versions.

Kimba
01-26-2011, 01:43 PM
If you have room on your screen, you can open freestanding Analysis and Resources windows, which give most of the supplementary stuff at the hover of a mouse.

It is great being the idiot among geniuses -- I learn so much.

Time to plug in another 24" monitor and become diversified.

ISalzman
01-26-2011, 02:48 PM
It's not bad being a genius among the idiots either! :D