PDA

View Full Version : Bibleworks 7 crash

smkraeger
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I am trying to unlock BDAG in BW 7, and every time I try to unlock it, it crashes. My previous computer unlocked this just fine, so it isn't the code. Can anyone help with this?

Shane Kraeger

"When we behold the disfigurement of the Son of God, when we find ourselves appalled at His marred appearance, we need to reckon afresh that it is upon ourselves we gaze, for He stood in our place." John Calvin

ISalzman
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
While I'm not absolutely positive, I believe codes may be computer specific. So what worked on a previous computer won't necessarily work on your new one. In any case, your best bet is to submit this request through Technical Support. You can fill out a support form here (http://www.bibleworks.com/support_form.html).

Soxfan23
01-03-2011, 07:02 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they came out with an "update" to Bibleworks 7 a few years ago that caused the program to crash if you had pirated and/or hacked any of the modules. There were some things on the forums about it if I recall correctly. If you're trying to get BDAG illegally, then your best bet is to purchase it legitimately.

Mark Eddy
01-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Codes are NOT computer-specific. Every user is allowed to install the program and all of its purchased modules on both a PC and on a laptop (or on a work computer and on a home computer, as long as both are not being used at the same time by different people). I switched laptops last year, and my codes were accepted when I installed the program on the new laptop. You mentioned using BW7. There have been changes in the way codes work between 7 and 8. So I second the suggestion to contact tech. support.
Mark Eddy

yukimasa_o
05-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Go to "property" of BibleWorks7, then go to "compatibility" and pick up "windows xp (service pack3)" for running the program.
It worked for my PC to unlock BDAG and HALOT.

With Love from Japan:)