PDA

View Full Version : Copying verse list question

christlove
12-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Hey Folks.

I canīt seem to create a way to copy my verse list from one tab to another. Is that somehow possible? If not that should be an interesting option for the future...

Be blessed,
Steffen

Glenn Weaver
12-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Hi Steffen,

Here are two work-arounds that may be of use to you.

1) Switch to the second tab, then re-run the same search in the second tab that gave you the search results in the first tab.

2) If you are moving to a fresh tab, that has not yet been used, you can use this work-around. In the first tab, open the Search Results context menu. Select "Make Search Results New Search Limits". Now select a fresh tab. This new tab inherits the search limits. on the Command Line enter ".*" (without the quotation marks), thereby searching for word in the version. Since your search is limited to only the verses that are found in your first tab's search results, you will have the same list of verses as are in the first tab. You can then clear the search limit by entering the lowercase letter L on the Command Line and pressing Enter. This work-around will not work if the second tab has already been used, as the search limit will not be carried from the first to the second tab.

Hope this helps.

Blessings,
Glenn

christlove
12-17-2010, 06:01 AM
Hey Glenn,
thats interesting, thanks for this...

I would suggest an option to right-click on the search window and choose "copy verse list to another tab".
I will post it to the ideas mail adress...

Be blessed,
Steffen