PDA

View Full Version : word of caution- Buying modules

dinosaur
11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Not to disparage anyone here , but I would be very cautious about buying licenses /serials etc from posters on the forum here. I don't know any of the recent posters- so I cannot say one way or the other....BUT when you see that someone has just joined the forum and then wants to sell their products.....
use caution and common sense

Michael Hanel
11-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Not to disparage anyone here , but I would be very cautious about buying licenses /serials etc from posters on the forum here. I don't know any of the recent posters- so I cannot say one way or the other....BUT when you see that someone has just joined the forum and then wants to sell their products.....
use caution and common sense

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the post in question by revwez, is actually pretty legit. The person selling has a username awfully close to "wezlo" who was a long-term user here, so it's not completely out of the question.

That said, yes, you should talk to BibleWorks before buying someone's license because ultimately they must okay the transfer so that they switch registration into your name. Otherwise you may have paid for it, but in the eyes of BibleWorks, the registration still belongs to the seller.

Lee
11-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't know about revwez, but I can assure you that patallen is legit.

dinosaur
11-18-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the post in question by revwez, is actually pretty legit. The person selling has a username awfully close to "wezlo" who was a long-term user here, so it's not completely out of the question.

That said, yes, you should talk to BibleWorks before buying someone's license because ultimately they must okay the transfer so that they switch registration into your name. Otherwise you may have paid for it, but in the eyes of BibleWorks, the registration still belongs to the seller.

good advice- like I said - I certainly don't want to discredit anyone at all- It just looked a little supsicious.

Trent
11-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Just wanted to report that I have successfully purchased a "used" module. Bibleworks tech support was very helpful as always!

Words of caution are certainly wise (we all know stories of folks who have lost $ through such "deals") -- but I thought you should know that revwez was not only legit - the transaction went off without a hitch!

dinosaur
11-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Just wanted to report that I have successfully purchased a "used" module. Bibleworks tech support was very helpful as always!

Words of caution are certainly wise (we all know stories of folks who have lost $ through such "deals") -- but I thought you should know that revwez was not only legit - the transaction went off without a hitch!

cool- thanks for update...