PDA

View Full Version : background colour

dinosaur
11-09-2010, 03:16 PM
wondering if anyone knows how to change the background colour (canadian spelling) of the panes? I don't mean to highlight text....I just want to tone down the brightness a little....to make reading easier everywhere on the page.
Thanks

Spoudason
11-10-2010, 04:44 AM
I can sympathize because I have the same problem. What I did was to change the Windows writing field background through Control Panel to a very light grey. This also means that all writing areas in Windows including e-mail will have a light grey background. This is the only way that I have found to change the background colour in BibleWorks to ease eye strain.

I hope this helps.

dinosaur
11-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I can sympathize because I have the same problem. What I did was to change the Windows writing field background through Control Panel to a very light grey. This also means that all writing areas in Windows including e-mail will have a light grey background. This is the only way that I have found to change the background colour in BibleWorks to ease eye strain.

I hope this helps.

which section in control panel did you use?
thanks

Spoudason
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Windows 7 > Start > Control Panel > Personalization > window color > advanced appearance settings > windows color and appearance > click 'window' and 'color 1' > click 'other' and then set your color. I hope that is clear.

dinosaur
11-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Windows 7 > Start > Control Panel > Personalization > window color > advanced appearance settings > windows color and appearance > click 'window' and 'color 1' > click 'other' and then set your color. I hope that is clear.

I have old windows xp still....won't work- thanks anyways

Spoudason
11-10-2010, 06:41 PM
My wife's work computer is XP. I will have her send instructions when she gets to work tomorrow and get back to you. Don't give up. As I recall it is easier to do with XP.

Spoudason
11-11-2010, 03:51 AM
My wife sent this.

Try this:

Start / control panel / display / appearance / advanced

On the appearance screen he can change themes, but not individual components. He'll need to go to 'advanced' to change those. He should be able to click on the item he wants to change, or he can go to the list of 'items' and pick what he wants to change. The one he wants, I believe, is 'window'. He can then click 'colour' and pick the colour from the palate he's given or he can click on the palate he can click 'other' and manipulate the colour.

When I had XP, I changed the fonts, colors and other settings often by doing this. It should work just fine for you.

dinosaur
11-11-2010, 04:01 PM
My wife sent this.

Try this:

Start / control panel / display / appearance / advanced

On the appearance screen he can change themes, but not individual components. He'll need to go to 'advanced' to change those. He should be able to click on the item he wants to change, or he can go to the list of 'items' and pick what he wants to change. The one he wants, I believe, is 'window'. He can then click 'colour' and pick the colour from the palate he's given or he can click on the palate he can click 'other' and manipulate the colour.

When I had XP, I changed the fonts, colors and other settings often by doing this. It should work just fine for you.
Thanks- works great !

Spoudason
11-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Great! I'm very glad it worked. Enjoy!

Anything I can do to help...

Spoudason
Spoudason Christian Services

dinosaur
11-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Great! I'm very glad it worked. Enjoy!

Anything I can do to help...

Spoudason