PDA

View Full Version : Help Manual Typo?

ISalzman
11-04-2010, 01:04 PM
All, I was needing to perform a 'cross version search.' As I'd never done one before, I went to the BW Help File to see how to execute them. The Help section on cross version searches had this statement, which seems to me like it might be a typo:

"Note that because the Cross Version search mode deals with multiple versions, you must be in Multiple Version mode to use the feature. That is, Multiple Version Browse Mode must be turned off."

Here's my question: Logically, if "you must be in Multiple Version mode to use the feature," shouldn't 'Multiple Version Browse Mode" be turned ON and not OFF? Is the statement in the Help file correct or is it a typo? Grateful for a response.

Mark Eddy
11-05-2010, 12:26 AM
I think instead that it could simply say "browse mode" should be turned "off". The words "multiple version" could be omitted. "Browse mode" means that only one version is displayed in the browse window in continuous text (multiple verses at a time). "Multiple version mode" means that you see only the verse or verses you looked up in your last search, but you see it in multiple versions. So "multiple versions" mode is what you need to see in the browse window.
Mark Eddy

ISalzman
11-07-2010, 09:29 PM
That's what I figured. But the Help File is very poorly worded at this point, and misleading. Thanks.