PDA

View Full Version : Search version display order from tab to tab

AbramKJ
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi, again, folks.

This morning I changed the version display order in one tab, and it altered the version display order (that I had previously set up for a separate task) in another tab. Is there a way to change the search version and display order in one tab without it making that search version the search version (and top display version) of all other tabs?

Another similar issue I've encountered that I don't know how to resolve is that when I right-click on a word from a verse in the browser window to "search on form" in the left-hand search window, my display verse in the browser window stays the same, yet when I right-click on the same word to "search on lemma," the browser window verse automatically jumps to the first verse that has now appeared in the results of the search window. It's odd that this would happen only with "search on lemma" and not with "search on form."

Has anyone else encountered either/both of the above, or have any suggestions as to how to avoid them?

Many thanks,
Abram

Adelphos
11-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Abram,

The version display order is not limited to each tab, but covers all tabs, and I'm pretty sure there is no way to have different orders for different tabs. Perhaps a feature request might make it possible in the future.

As far as the form/morp question, I don't know if that is intentional or if they forgot to code for the form to update immediately as it does with the morphology.

andley
11-03-2010, 11:04 PM
try tun on this option:

"Enable automatic secondary Browse Windows"

in

"option flag --> Browse window Configutation option"

from the BW8 Help file:

Enable automatic secondary Browse Windows
The typical way of opening up an additional Browse Window is to click on the New Browse Window icon in the Search Window. The typical reason for doing this is to keep the text of a particular verse in front of you while you search for related verses in another Browse Window. Turning on the Secondary Browse Window option automates this process. If this box is checked, when you do a search in a Browse Window by double-clicking or by means of the context menus, a new Browse Window will open up automatically to display the results of the search. The next time you do a search from the original window, BibleWorks will remember that there is already a secondary window open to receive the results. If you do a search from an already existing secondary window, then a new one will be opened to receive its results. BibleWorks will also remember which window was used to open up each secondary window.

Mark Eddy
11-05-2010, 01:33 AM
I think the following thread will give you some help in setting up BibleWorks to do what you want.
Version Display Order question (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?4169-Version-Display-Order-question&highlight=version+order)

Mark Eddy

AbramKJ
11-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks, Mark! I combed through the threads before asking, but somehow missed the previous discussion on this issue.

Peace,
Abram