PDA

View Full Version : Settings getting lost in v. 8.0.018q.1

DavidR
10-20-2010, 07:24 PM
I have the latest BibleWorks update, version 8.0.018q.1. It's doing something I haven't seen before. I create a parallel version favorite that places 10 versions in parallel columns (BGT NRS TNIV ESV NAU NET NAB NJB NLT). I create it using the Options - Favorites dialogue, then click Edit and set up all these versions in the Choose Versions to Display in Parallel dialogue (see the first screenshot below). I name it "NT Comparison" and click OK, then OK again to close both dialogues. The favorite now appears in the drop-down list accessed by the arrow next to the Parallel Versions button on the toolbar (as in the second screenshot).

The problem is that at some point -- I'm not sure if it's when I close BibleWorks or when I reboot the computer -- BibleWorks loses this favorite. It's not there in the drop-down list anymore, and I have to create it all over again.

That's not all. The program also loses track of the popup versions I've selected. I go to the View menu, then Choose Popup Versions. I select the versions I want (NRS WTT BGT) and all is well ... until the next restart of the program or reboot, whichever it is. Then when I hover my mouse over a linked scripture reference (in BDAG, for instance), it's back to NAS instead of NRS.

Both of these used to work just fine. Anyone have an idea what's gone wrong? Can the programmers put it back right?

Glenn Weaver
10-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi David,

I'm sorry, but I am unable to reproduce either problem that you described. In order to help you best, I suggest contacting Customer Service. They would best be able to help you with these issues.

Since the programmers do not always monitor the forums, contacting Customer Service for tech support issues will be the fastest route for these type of problems.

You can contact Customer Service through the link in my signature line.

Blessings,
Glenn

ISalzman
10-21-2010, 12:22 PM
David, sorry I can't be of any help to you on this, but I just wanted to say that your presentation of your issue (including the screen shots and visuals) was incredibly clear and excellent! I hope your issue gets resolved soon. By the way, is that Windows Vista that you're running?

Irving

ISalzman
10-21-2010, 12:25 PM
By the way, since we're talking about the 'Parallel Versions Window' here, which I just used yesterday, I would love to be able to see a print feature/capability added to it. I'd love to be able to print from that window. Would anyone else find that feature helpful also? Any plans in the works to add that feature/capability in the future?

bkMitchell
10-21-2010, 10:56 PM
By the way, since we're talking about the 'Parallel Versions Window' here, which I just used yesterday, I would love to be able to see a print feature/capability added to it. I'd love to be able to print from that window. Would anyone else find that feature helpful also? Any plans in the works to add that feature/capability in the future?

I agree, it would be great to be able to print from that window or to export the layout to the editor.

I also think it would be great if BWs could parallel versions in the browser window or with move able windows.

christlove
10-22-2010, 06:40 AM
I also think it would be great if BWs could parallel versions in the browser window or with move able windows.

I totally agree with that. Would be amazing!

DavidR
10-22-2010, 02:36 PM
David, sorry I can't be of any help to you on this, but I just wanted to say that your presentation of your issue (including the screen shots and visuals) was incredibly clear and excellent! I hope your issue gets resolved soon. By the way, is that Windows Vista that you're running?

Irving

Thank you! 30 years of seminary teaching will show through! :)

Like many people, I avoided Vista and moved to Windows 7 (64-bit) just recently. I'm generally very pleased with it. Certainly BibleWorks is running great.

David

DavidR
10-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi David,

I'm sorry, but I am unable to reproduce either problem that you described. In order to help you best, I suggest contacting Customer Service. They would best be able to help you with these issues.

Since the programmers do not always monitor the forums, contacting Customer Service for tech support issues will be the fastest route for these type of problems.

You can contact Customer Service through the link in my signature line.

Blessings,
Glenn

Thanks, Glenn, I'll do that.

David