PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Detect Verse range in Editor/Notes

andley
10-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Hi !

Is there a way to have BW8 auto-detect verse range in Note/Editor?

for example, when I type

mar 1:1-3

then BW8 can auto-detect the verse range and make it as a link to pop-up window...

Thanks,
-Andley.

Mark Eddy
10-21-2010, 08:50 PM
If I understand you correctly, this cannot currently be done. The user "Notes" either display verse by verse, for single verses, or they display as chapter notes (you get to choose which kind of notes you want to display by fault in the Notes window). There is currently no option to display a note for a specified range of verses within a chapter (or over chapter boundaries, for that matter).
The only work-around I know would be to use the "Editor" tab instead of the "Notes" tab, and then save a file for your verse range. But it will not automatically open up when those verses are in the browse window. You would have to open the file manually from within your file of .bww files for the Editor window.

Mark Eddy

andley
10-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I guess I didn't make myself clear ... let's say I'm in the editor tab(or notes tab), and then I type in some personal reflection, for example:

Question: is the ἀρχῆς in 1Jo 1:1 the same as in Joh 1:1 ?

Then, instead of clicking "Add Hyperlink" and "GOTOVERSE BGT 1Jo 1:1 | POPUP" buttons on the verse references (ie. 1Jo 1:1 and Joh 1:1), is there a way to let BW8 automatically detect those verse references, and automatically insert the hyperlinks ?

Thanks,
-Andley.

Mark Eddy
10-24-2010, 09:44 PM
You have to add the hyperlinks yourself. Otherwise it is just plain text. Some users want hyperlinks in their files, some do not. So BibleWorks does not automatically add them.
Mark Eddy

andley
10-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Understood. Thanks !

I thought it would be a nice feature to add, as it can dramatically improve the efficiency while reviewing personal notes(or even sharing notes with others).

Anyway, I will make it my "wish list", or "prayer request" perhaps :)

Thanks again,
-Andley.