PDA

View Full Version : Browse List Boxes too small

PatC
10-06-2010, 08:59 PM
How can I change the size of the list boxes?
The Browse list boxes only show the first 2 letters for the version and only 1 digit for the chapters and verse numbers. Also the popups in the search windows cuts off the info on the right margin. The lettering in the headers is not as crisp and clear as the info in the windows.

bkMitchell
10-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Greetings PatC and Welcome to the forums!

How can I change the size of the list boxes?I don't think that is possible to change the size of the 'Verse browse boxes', the IT section would probably have write code to allow that.

The Browse list boxes only show the first 2 letters for the versionI can confirm that is the case with my installation of BW as well. It appears that arrow button on the right side of the three letter acronyms is blocking view of the final letter in the acronym of the versions. This might have something to do with the resolution and display size options in Windows.

and only 1 digit for the chapters and verse numbers.I do not appear to have this issue in my installation.

Also the popups in the search windows cuts off the info on the right marginBy popups do mean:
(a) Popup tagged information window/boxes?
or
(b)Search Window results?

If you mean (a) then this is an issue I sometimes have, too.

If you mean (B) there are options (in various places) to change both the size of the fonts, how much of the search result is displayed, and you can show the entire verse wrapped if you'd like.

[/QUOTE]The lettering in the headers is not as crisp and clear as the info in the windows.[/QUOTE] I am not sure about this one, everything looks pretty clear and crisp on both my net-book, and on my home computer. However, I maybe have the clear type font options enabled.

Here is a screen shot from my installation. I have circled in red some of the items I think you were mentioning. It may be better to contact IT at customer service (http://www.bibleworks.com/support_form.html), but till then let's work on this together, maybe we can figure this out.

jthomp
10-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Hmmm, must be some type of anomaly with your system or application install. I don't get any cutoffs. I replicated Brian's example and no edges or text were cut off. :confused: