PDA

View Full Version : parallels 5 / mac / shift key/ does not freeze the word analysis windows

scottjonofrio
10-01-2010, 02:48 PM
i expect to hit the shift key to freeze the word analysis window, from my location in the browse windows. this is not working. please send me to way to freeze the word analysis window. scottjonofrio@gmail.com

jfidel
10-02-2010, 11:10 AM
I can confirm this is a problem. BW8 as additional updates have occurred has lost function using Parallels 5. I suggest the developers begin beta testing using Parallels, as more people switch to Mac, it is important that the product function with virtual machines or they will lose that market.

brethicks
10-02-2010, 12:21 PM
This has been a problem for a long time.... I have read about it on the Parallels forums.... there is a pretty easy fix however. Simply hit the Alt key and this will freeze the mouse until you click again. So you simply move over to the analysis window, click anywhere in it and then you can scroll through it. Not perfect, but it does work.

In Christ,

Bret

vr8ce
10-08-2010, 12:30 AM
i expect to hit the shift key to freeze the word analysis window, from my location in the browse windows. this is not working. please send me to way to freeze the word analysis window. scottjonofrio@gmail.com
This has been a problem in Parallels since at least v3. It's one of the main reasons I switched to Fusion. I also have Virtualbox running on one of my iMacs (for BW; I don't run Windows games, so don't need that kind of performance), and it works great and has the advantage of being free.

IOW, it's a Parallels problem, not a BW problem.

jgaryellison
06-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Holding the shift key down on the MacBook Pro does not lock in the present lexicon entry. Descriptions about the problem were not clear were not clear to me because they took certain steps for granted. Some mentioned the ALT key, but the impression was that you were to hold down the ALT key while moving the cursor to the Analysis tab. That does not work.

How to Lock or Freeze the Word: You must press the ALT key and release it before moving the cursor. Once the cursor has been moved to the Analysis pane, you have to click on a blank part for the hover/popup feature to work. (If instead you click on a link, it will also work, but it will move the middle pane to the passage you clicked.)

FYI: I use Parallels 6.