PDA

View Full Version : 'Easter Egg' in BW Help

MGVH
09-24-2010, 11:20 PM
I just found something of an 'Easter Egg' in BW Help.
Open up Help > BibleWorks Help Contents
Click on the Index tab
Type in "display" as the keyword to find
Choose first entry: "Display Bible Text"
Mouse around the picture
Remember to Proclaim the Word

arggem
09-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Sweet!!!!!!!

Michael Hanel
09-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Also does it if you do the same thing but go to "Strong's Numbers". (I'm sure there are even other ways, but I stopped after finding that one.)

Lee
09-25-2010, 11:39 AM
I always did like finding Easter eggs, especially when you don't expect it. Like in May.

Good find--I like it! Any way of getting this set as a desktop background?

Glenn Weaver
09-27-2010, 09:21 AM
Hi Mark,

Congratulations! You are first one to announce that they have found the Easter egg! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to find it!

Since I put in the Easter egg, I will provide you with a prize for being the first person to notify us that they found it.

I don't know that we will give a prize for finding Easter eggs in the future (though we might!), but we are this time.

Since I am assuming that you will be at SBL this year, I will give the prize to you at that time. If you will not be able to attend, I can send it to you.

Blessings and Congratulations!
Glenn

MGVH
09-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Woo hoo! Yes, I will be at SBL. See you there!

christlove
09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
Hey dudes!

I donīt know what Iīm missing or misunderstanding but I can only see the red letters "κηρυξον τον λογον". Do you mean that with "easter egg"?

PS. The fact that Glenn has announced a prize for that "egg" is simply great. It made me so laughing because of the fact of the idea. Glenn is the "dude"....

Steffen

jimofbentley
09-28-2010, 06:06 AM
Hey dudes!

I donīt know what Iīm missing or misunderstanding but I can only see the red letters "κηρυξον τον λογον". Do you mean that with "easter egg"?

PS. The fact that Glenn has announced a prize for that "egg" is simply great. It made me so laughing because of the fact of the idea. Glenn is the "dude"....

Steffen

When you double click on "Display Bible Text", one of the pictures BW uses comes up. However, if you take your mouse and move it around the picture the words κηρυξον τον λογον follow the mouse in whatever pattern you move it, and, when you stop, the words κηρυξον τον λογον reform in the correct order.

Glenn Weaver
09-28-2010, 08:56 AM
Hi Steffen,

My first experience with Easter Eggs in software was with the first Windows program that I ever used, Serif Software's PagePlus desktop publishing program. They included a contest to see who could find the egg (or eggs, I don't remember how many there were), and the first 20 people who found them received a Serif t-shirt.

So, I'm continue the tradition with a gift for finding the egg.

Blessings,
Glenn

bkMitchell
09-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Woo hoo! Yes, I will be at SBL. See you there!

Greetings Mark,

If your prize just so happens to be the new CNTTS database, please, please, please write up a nice review of it on you blog and post pictures.

Peace

christlove
09-29-2010, 06:23 AM
Hi Steffen,

My first experience with Easter Eggs in software was with the first Windows program that I ever used, Serif Software's PagePlus desktop publishing program. They included a contest to see who could find the egg (or eggs, I don't remember how many there were), and the first 20 people who found them received a Serif t-shirt.

So, I'm continue the tradition with a gift for finding the egg.

Blessings,
Glenn

Alright Glenn, it just confused that Mark astonishingly has already spoken about an "easter egg" from the beginning and you and the others are also talking about an "egg". It just decided me to think that there must be really an egg. If I found that Iīve said i found "red whirling letters" or something.
Whatever, nice one....

Steffen

Glenn Weaver
09-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Wikipedia has a nice article on Easter Eggs in media. Here is the link, for your enjoyment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_%28media%29

jdarlack
09-29-2010, 10:05 AM
The coolest easter egg I know of is the dancing Yoda on the Star Wars Revenge of the Sith DVD.

http://www.eeggs.com/items/46506.html

christlove
09-30-2010, 04:38 AM
Wikipedia has a nice article on Easter Eggs in media. Here is the link, for your enjoyment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_%28media%29

Ohh, ok, now I know what you guys all mean with "easter egg". As a german I didnīt understood what is meant with the pseudonymous "easter egg". I knew about that egg before Mark but unfortunately I didnīt announce it....lol.

Keep going, Glenn
Steffen