PDA

View Full Version : Command Line Question

christlove
08-10-2010, 04:30 AM
Hello!

Can I confirm a term in the command line with mouse or is the only way by hitting enter? If it is so (what I guess - I didnīt find anything) I would strongly advocate for the future to add a mouse button to confirm command line searches. Does anyone have the same opinion?

Keep sensitive.
Steffen

jthomp
08-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Can I confirm a term in the command line with mouse or is the only way by hitting enter?

Technically, you can "confirm" your selection with a mouse click but you still have to hit the enter key to actually perform the search. BW probably does this to allow you to be sure you've selected the right search term. Like you, if I had my preference, I'd perfer the selection and search function on a single mouse click... taking the risk that I might initially select the wrong search term.

MGVH
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM
If you are simply searching for a single term/word, it will turn red as you are typing it to let you know that it is not in the database. (I.e., searching for it will return 0 hits.)

jthomp
08-12-2010, 03:37 PM
If you are simply searching for a single term/word, it will turn red as you are typing it to let you know that it is not in the database. (I.e., searching for it will return 0 hits.)

That's true unless you are performing a cross version search which only means it's not in the currently selected search version but may be in another "same language" version.