PDA

View Full Version : Inserting presonal notes by verse

Buddy
08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Bibleworks indicates that we can add our own personal notes to a verse, yet I cannot seem to find out HOW to insert the note, so that it is saved forever on my Bibleworks software. I write a note in the Editor's Window but it does not save it.

Can you help?

I am trying to find ONE place to insert all my notes as time goes by and I thought BW might be the answer, if I can figure out how to do it.

Also, is there a way to copy those notes to a home computer, so that they would be at both home and at work?

Thanks,

Buddy

Lee
08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Buddy,

1. Make sure you enter your notes in the "Notes" tab--you can type them in the Editor, but make sure you paste them in Notes.

2. There is a checkbox at the top of the window in which you type your notes that says "Chapter." If you want notes by verse, make sure this is unchecked. Also, when you want to view your by-verse notes, you will need to make sure it is unchecked.

3. Click the "Save" (disk icon) button at the top of the window to save your notes after you have entered them.

I hope this helps. If you are doing all these things and it is still not saving, you have me stumped.

MGVH
08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
In addition to Lee's directions, I suggest you do check the Autoload box so that the text appears automatically.

The files are saved as ___.bww files in your BibleWorks8/notes subdirectory. Note, however, that they are really just RTF files that can be opened in most any word processor.

To keep my notes synced across various computers, I've been using Windows Live Mesh (https://www.mesh.com/welcome/default.aspx). It's free, and it works great. (Live Mesh will be transitioned into Windows Live Sync, but Live Sync does not run on WinXP... I'll have to figure out something new. Some people use DropBox which does a similar thing.)

Sansom48
08-09-2010, 06:39 PM
I have never worked with Live Mesh but I do use drop box, it is free to open an account and they give you 2GB storage which for me is more than enough for my notes.