PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Synchronize Results List

jgwalker
08-05-2010, 11:12 AM
When i do a search on a Hebrew word, say צָפוֹנָה in Judges 12:1 (WTT), and then changed to an English translation (ESV or NIB) I cannot "Synchronize Results List". I get this message:
---------------------------
BibleWorks
The search and results list versions
are not of the same type (e.g.
OT, NT, OT and NT, etc.). They
cannot be synchronized.
OK
This doesn't appear to be true. It happens even if I put a search limit on OT only.
I updated to 8.0.018a.2 this morning and this seems only to have started since then.

ISalzman
08-05-2010, 01:10 PM
When i do a search on a Hebrew word, say צָפוֹנָה in Judges 12:1 (WTT), and then changed to an English translation (ESV or NIB) I cannot "Synchronize Results List". I get this message:
BibleWorks
The search and results list versions
are not of the same type (e.g.
OT, NT, OT and NT, etc.). They
cannot be synchronized.
OK
This doesn't appear to be true. It happens even if I put a search limit on OT only.
I updated to 8.0.018a.2 this morning and this seems only to have started since then.

Confirmed. I get the same thing. The program is not allowing a 'Synchronize Results List' after a change of search version. For the record, I duplicated your example. I changed search versions from WTT to ESV after searching on the same word as in your above example (tzaphonah). The program would not allow me to synchronize my results list after that. Something is awry. I also tried the procedure using NAU as my search version and could still not synchronize my results list.

Adelphos
08-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Are the arrow keys on your keyboard pointing northward?

If not, this could be the problem. :cool:

I don't get the error. I've tried it every way possible, with ESV, NIB, and other translations, and it switches without a hitch.

ISalzman
08-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Scott, just so that we're talking "apples to apples...," did you:

1. Switch your search version to WTT

2. Go to Judges 12:1

3. Search on the word "Tzaphonah"

4. Change your search version to ESV

5. Synchronize results list?

Grateful if you could perform the above steps and report back on what you come up with. I get the exact same thing that jgwalker gets.

Thanks,

Irving

PS - Scott, did you get the latest program update? What version/build are you running. JGWalker has noticed the problem subsequent to the most current update (see above, in his post).

Adelphos
08-05-2010, 03:46 PM
No, on the latest update, as it turns out, it doesn't work for me either. Sorry 'bout that.

ISalzman
08-05-2010, 04:10 PM
No problem. Thanks for commenting back, Scott. It seems that the latest program update has had an adverse effect on the ability to synchronize the results list. I'm going to fill out a support form.

MBushell
08-05-2010, 06:44 PM
No problem. Thanks for commenting back, Scott. It seems that the latest program update has had an adverse effect on the ability to synchronize the results list. I'm going to fill out a support form.
Sorry about that. A fix has been posted.
Mike

ISalzman
08-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Sorry about that. A fix has been posted.
Mike

Thanks Mike, works like a charm! A gold medal to you guys for the fastest tech support responses in the bible software industry!

jgwalker
08-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Amen to that. I just picked up the fix and can confirm has solved the issue here as well. Very impressive turnaround