PDA

View Full Version : PROB: Verse List Copy from Nave's

haydnguy
07-31-2010, 03:25 PM
I have selected 'Justification' as my topic in the Nave's Topical Bible. Obviously this produces a long list of verses. (A long list of verse references).

For some reason when I click on the 'Copy Verse List To Editor' button it only copies the first four verse references.

Anyone have an idea what I might be doing wrong? I'm only displaying the NAS.

Thanks,
Bob :)

ISalzman
07-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Bob, I figured I'd try your experiment. Your results are actually better than mine! I get two verse references with their corresponding text copied into the Editor. And the two verses that are copied (Gen 15:6 and Psalm 32:2) are copied in in Multi-Version Mode. In other words, the two verses were copied into the Editor in as many and the same versions that I have currently displaying in the Browse Window. Go figure! Something's awry. I assume you're choosing the Nave's Topical Bible (non-CHM version)?

haydnguy
08-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Yes, that's correct ISalzman. I had mine in mult-version mode too and it did that but I thought that was the way it supposed to work so I changed it to single. :confused:

ISalzman
08-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Maybe someone else will chime in on this one, Bob. I would expect that when you hit 'Copy Verse List to the Editor' in Naves Topical Bible, it would copy all of the verse references listed under the heading 'Justification' into the Editor. For some reason, it's not doing that. You may want to fill out a Support Form on the BW Support page (http://www.bibleworks.com/support.html).

haydnguy
08-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Ok, I sure will. Thanks for your help!

ISalzman
08-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Ok, I sure will. Thanks for your help!

You're welcome, Bob. I wish I could have been more help to you! If you hear anything back from tech support, I'd be very grateful if you could share it. Perhaps we are both doing something wrong.

haydnguy
08-01-2010, 07:41 PM
You're welcome, Bob. I wish I could have been more help to you! If you hear anything back from tech support, I'd be very grateful if you could share it. Perhaps we are both doing something wrong.

Will do. Will post back here when I get a reply. I just sent the service request.

ISalzman
08-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Will do. Will post back here when I get a reply. I just sent the service request.

Thanks so much, Bob.

Irving

haydnguy
08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
I did get a reply from technical service confirming that it was a bug and that they would get back to me again when they knew more. Will let you know as soon as they email me.

ISalzman
08-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks so much, Bob. Good to know it's being worked on.

haydnguy
08-04-2010, 10:10 PM
I haven't heard anything back from them but when I applied today's patch it seems to be fixed! I'm so glad because I'm really going to be using this. :cool:

haydnguy
08-04-2010, 10:30 PM
There still appears to be a problem however. Notice the following that I cut and pasted. I have the ESV and NAS as my display. The verses are not breaking at the correct point...

----------------------------------

ESV Genesis 15:6 And he believed the LORD, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

NAS Genesis 15:6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.
ESV Psalm 32:2 Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

NAS Psalm 32:2 How blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit!
ESV Psalm 71:16 With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.

NAS Psalm 71:16 I will come with the mighty deeds of the Lord God; I will make mention of Thy righteousness, Thine alone.
ESV Psalm 89:16 who exult in your name all the day and in your righteousness are exalted.

ISalzman
08-05-2010, 12:00 PM
I haven't heard anything back from them but when I applied today's patch it seems to be fixed! I'm so glad because I'm really going to be using this. :cool:

So you are right, though I just saw your later post that there is still a slight glitch in the break up of the verses. At least, we're headed in the right direction. You may again want to pass along your find (re the residual problem) to tech support. I also think it would be nice to be able to have some control over the versions that copy to the Editor. For example, in my Browse Window, I almost always have it set to "Multi-Version Mode," with 10 or more display versions. Unfortunately, when you do a copy of all the verse list references from Naves into the Editor, it does so in all the current display versions in the Browse Window. I would prefer to be able to have a say as to which versions get loaded into the Editor. It would be nice to have a setting or option that does that for you.

Thanks for your helpful info, Bob.

haydnguy
08-10-2010, 03:42 PM
ISalzman, I just sent in the request regarding the output breaking incorrectly and also passed along your suggestion about being able to choose which version(s) are passed to the editor. Will let you know when I hear something.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this.

ISalzman
08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
ISalzman, I just sent in the request regarding the output breaking incorrectly and also passed along your suggestion about being able to choose which version(s) are passed to the editor. Will let you know when I hear something.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this.

Not a problem at all, Bob. I just appreciate your taking the time to update me. Thanks so much.

Irving

haydnguy
08-12-2010, 03:35 AM
Everything looks good. Heard back from them and they are going to fix the formatting problem. They also sounded very positive about the idea about choosing a version to be copied over. Don't know when that will happen. :cool:

ISalzman
08-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Sounds great. Thanks Bob.