PDA

View Full Version : bookmarks?

dinosaur
07-16-2010, 12:07 AM
Is there a way to have a bookmark in BW8?
I just got BW8 so am new to all it's features...I was wondering if when I am reading through the scriptures-- can I use a bookmark so that I can easily return to the same place quickly (and sometimes I forget exactly where I was reading...)? If I do a search or some other study feature I want to be able to return to where I was....
thanks

Doug

almather
07-16-2010, 08:42 AM
I do not know about book marks, though your idea has some appeal. Click to activate a book mark, i.e. return to this window (chapter and verse) when clicked again.

I use the tabs for some of my Bible reading, this way, unless BW8 crashes for some reason, when I open a certain tab it is where I left it. I have a tab labeled "read" which for me is set up for reading through the Bible in x translation. For our family Bible reading (laptop) I have another tab set up for that.

Hope this is of some help.

Al

Glenn Weaver
07-16-2010, 10:08 AM
The easiest way to remember where you left off is to us the Search Window tabs. Another way that may work well for you is to use the Verse List Manager. When you want to remember a verse for future study, press the button in the Verse List Manager to Add Browse Verse. Then save the verse list as "bookmarks" or a name that you will remember. You can keep add verses as you wish, and delete them when you are finished with them. This can be very flexible for your needs.

Hope this helps.

Adelphos
07-16-2010, 06:14 PM
To add to what has been said, you might find this helpful --

1. Name a tab "Last"

2. Wherever you leave off reading in that tab will appear when you come back to that tab.

3. Therefore, don't do any searches or other work from within that specific tab. Merely use that tab for your reading, then it will always be where you left off.

4. Save your tabs after reading just to make sure you will have the backup if you ever need it. You save your tabs by right-clicking on a tab and then choosing "save tabs to disk"

This a very easy way to bookmark your last task. You can also have multiple tabs with multiple names, so you could expand this principle ad infinitum.

dinosaur
07-16-2010, 11:13 PM
thanks for the sugeestions to all...

will try them out...was using the BW configuration manager ....but that seemed a little cumbersome.

Doug