PDA

View Full Version : BW8 error message

rzagorac
07-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I can't understand the instructions for correcting the cannot create bwgkrl font points size 12 message. I am told to extract the fonts to the BW8 folder and then use the troubleshoot but the instructions talk about a BW trouble shooted accessed by clicking the start menu short cut. Where, precisely is that???

Michael Hanel
07-08-2010, 09:16 PM
I can't understand the instructions for correcting the cannot create bwgkrl font points size 12 message. I am told to extract the fonts to the BW8 folder and then use the troubleshoot but the instructions talk about a BW trouble shooted accessed by clicking the start menu short cut. Where, precisely is that???

Is it possible for you to reproduce the error message and its instruction verbatim?

rzagorac
07-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi Michael,

I seem to have fixed it myself. It said that I couldn't create bwgrl point size 12. Instead of following the instructions about the error message in support section, I found a thread that reminded me how to install the free Heb Gk fonts in Control Panel and BW8 started just fine!! I couldn't understand what was meant by start menu shortcut or desktop icon in the original instructions. I'm still scratching my head over this one. LOL:)

Michael Hanel
07-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Hi Michael,

I seem to have fixed it myself. It said that I couldn't create bwgrl point size 12. Instead of following the instructions about the error message in support section, I found a thread that reminded me how to install the free Heb Gk fonts in Control Panel and BW8 started just fine!! I couldn't understand what was meant by start menu shortcut or desktop icon in the original instructions. I'm still scratching my head over this one. LOL:)

I assume it meant just start BibleWorks 8 as you usually would, by clicking on its icon. But not knowing exactly what it said, I'm just guessing.

rzagorac
07-08-2010, 11:37 PM
I finally found out what his instructions meant by pressing shift+double clicking the start menu icon. He is referring to the icon in my start menu programs on the lower left. I would have said to click start click all programs and click the Bibleworks 8 folder and press shift while double clicking the Bibleworks 8 icon. That's when I saw the troubleshooting window come up. Since I already fixed the error message that said "Cannot create bwgrl font point size 12" message my task is at an end. My desktop Bibleworks icon is just a shortcut and not what I would have got if I allowed a desktop icon to be made upon installation of the program. I could not get that interface by shift+click on the icon. Thanks for the quick response and the effort. All the years I have been using BW (since 3.5) I never knew that window was there.

Michael Hanel
07-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I finally found out what his instructions meant by pressing shift+double clicking the start menu icon. He is referring to the icon in my start menu programs on the lower left. I would have said to click start click all programs and click the Bibleworks 8 folder and press shift while double clicking the Bibleworks 8 icon. That's when I saw the troubleshooting window come up. Since I already fixed the error message that said "Cannot create bwgrl font point size 12" message my task is at an end. My desktop Bibleworks icon is just a shortcut and not what I would have got if I allowed a desktop icon to be made upon installation of the program. I could not get that interface by shift+click on the icon. Thanks for the quick response and the effort. All the years I have been using BW (since 3.5) I never knew that window was there.

If you have a shortcut to BibleWorks on your desktop, shift-double-clicking should be exactly the same thing as whatever else it was that you did. It doesn't matter if it's on the desktop or if you're going to Start Menu|Programs|BibleWorks.