PDA

View Full Version : How to Select Lexicon Used in Hover Help in Browse Window

TimM
07-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Is there a way to configure which lexicon appears in the mouse-over hover help in the Browse Window? I would like to use the LSJ, as many times in the LXX I get the message "No entry found for this word." I believe this is because Gingrich is being consulted, rather than the abbreviated LSJ.

Many thanks,

Tim

Michael Hanel
07-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Is there a way to configure which lexicon appears in the mouse-over hover help in the Browse Window? I would like to use the LSJ, as many times in the LXX I get the message "No entry found for this word." I believe this is because Gingrich is being consulted, rather than the abbreviated LSJ.

Many thanks,

Tim

I am not 100% sure I am talking about the same thing as you are, but I think you mean the word-tip boxes. The glosses that appear as you hover over the word are a custom-built vocab list. The glosses are general and not context-sensitive. They are not necessarily equivalent to Gingrich glosses. These are the same glosses that are used for the default vocab lists in the flashcard module. You can edit them, but you'd want to make backups first when playing with files that are native to the program.

If instead you mean the lexicon of the analysis window, you can right click while in the analysis window to change default lexicons.

TimM
07-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Michael,

Thank you. That is very helpful. I did not realize the 'word tips' were not a lexicon. But your suggestion of the Analysis window has given me a solution that I was not aware of.

Thanks so much,

Tim