PDA

View Full Version : Bibleworks 9 coming out?

roblumba
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
I noticed the price increase for Bibleworks 6 in August 2010. Is there going to be a new Bibleworks version in August 2010?

Soxfan23
06-25-2010, 01:44 PM
I highly doubt it. The price increase is mainly just because there are SO many new things in BW8 compared to BW6, they probably just couldn't continue to cover the royalty costs for those wanting to upgrade to BW8 from BW6.

Bibleworks is as secretive as Apple is about a new product coming out (even add-on modules). What I have found to be true for the most part is that they generally come out with a new version about every 3 years. The last one was in the winter of 2008, so I would anticipate a new version in the winter (November or December) of 2011. And as always, I'm sure they won't disappoint.

calvary
06-25-2010, 05:02 PM
I almost hesitate to say this, but I'm not even ready for a new version yet. I'm still learning so much about version 8. :)

Dave

Eutychus
06-25-2010, 07:54 PM
I almost hesitate to say this, but I'm not even ready for a new version yet. I'm still learning so much about version 8. :)

Dave

Dave, I am with you!! I have a lot more to learn before I buy anything else.

jimofbentley
06-25-2010, 08:01 PM
I noticed the price increase for Bibleworks 6 in August 2010. Is there going to be a new Bibleworks version in August 2010?

I hope not!

I still haven't found my way around all that is contained in BW8.

bkMitchell
06-26-2010, 08:20 AM
The last two Bibleworks releases have been in January:
January 25, 2006 (for version 7) and January 19, 2009 (for version 8).
Therefore a September date maybe unlikely.

Although, they very well might be getting ready to release some new databases at the end of this year or the beginning of next.

But, I personally think a January 2012 might be more probable for a Bibleworks 9 release. That's If, the BW keeps with what seems to be their usual schedule.

jthomp
06-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Dave

Agreed! BW8 is a comprehensive package... lot's of learning still to do! :cool:

haydnguy
06-27-2010, 10:52 AM
I feel the same. But there is one thing that I really like about Bibleworks. When they come out with an upgrade, there really are significant improvements/new features. They don't bring out a new version just to bring out a new version.

Kudos to Bibleworks!!!!! :cool:

Eric
06-27-2011, 12:04 AM
I just got a new Christian Book Distributors catalog in the mail. On page 42 they are advertising as NEW, Bibleworks 9. Since there is nothing on the Bibleworks site, perhaps it's a mistake, but it looks like the real thing...

jimofbentley
06-27-2011, 02:07 AM
I just got a new Christian Book Distributors catalog in the mail. On page 42 they are advertising as NEW, Bibleworks 9. Since there is nothing on the Bibleworks site, perhaps it's a mistake, but it looks like the real thing...

Probably a typo - their website still lists only BibleWorks 8 - however, we will see.

bkMitchell
06-27-2011, 04:12 AM
:confused:A Typo or rather a Photoshop!
But, it does look real, who knows it might be.

Here are a few of the differences I spotted in that add about version 9 vs the current version of BibleWorks(8).

180 translations in 39 Languages in v9 and the ESV study Bible (Lost ten translations and one language)
Version 8 has 190 translations in 40 Languages.

38 Original language texts in v9 (Gained three Texts)
35 Original Language texts in v8

28 Lexical grammatical references in v9 (lost one reference)
29 Lexical grammatical references in v8

Moody Bible Atlas in v9 (Gained an Atlas)
four column main window in v9(gained a column)

THE AWESOME:
It runs on XP,Vista, and 7
And it still only needs 128ram!

Sadly, I didn't see anything about the Westminster Syntactical database that I had hoped would make it in to version 9 of BibleWorks. But, then again there are three new Language texts in version 9 if this add is legitimate.

Dale A. Brueggemann
06-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Would be bizzare to find out about Bible Works 9 from CBD instead of on this forum and BibleWorkis.com homepage! Think somebody's been doing some wishful photoshopping.

AbramKJ
06-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Would be bizzare to find out about Bible Works 9 from CBD instead of on this forum and BibleWorkis.com homepage! Think somebody's been doing some wishful photoshopping.

If it's photoshopped, then it was by somebody at CBD: here (http://gcts.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/catalog_viewer?issue_id=1104630&event=OLC&page=74)'s the catalog online.

AbramKJ
06-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Also, check out Google's cache (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:iJxM44Wq_h4J:cokesbury.org/forms/ProductDetail.aspx%3Fpid%3D1017493+%22bibleworks+9 %22&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com)of a Cokesbury page... July release date????

Eric
06-27-2011, 06:20 PM
If it's photoshopped, then it was by somebody at CBD: here (http://gcts.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/catalog_viewer?issue_id=1104630&event=OLC&page=74)'s the catalog online.

Thanks for clearing my name! :) I didn't know how I was going to prove I didn't photoshop it...

jimofbentley
06-27-2011, 07:51 PM

That is interesting, because on their website, as opposed to a catalogue, they only list BibleWorks 8:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntt=bibleworks&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1&search=

Eric
06-27-2011, 08:41 PM
I noticed that when you mouse over the other items on their online catalog, you get more detailed information along the left column. But when you mouse over Bibleworks 9, it says "Information Currently Unavailable."

Maybe it's coming but jumped the gun?

Eric
06-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Notice the comment from the Bibleworks staff...

AbramKJ
06-27-2011, 09:19 PM
I noticed that when you mouse over the other items on their online catalog, you get more detailed information along the left column. But when you mouse over Bibleworks 9, it says "Information Currently Unavailable."

Maybe it's coming but jumped the gun?

Yeah, I feel kind of bad for the BibleWorks staff on that one. That's kind of like if a Best Buy circular broke Apple's news of a new generation iPhone. Oops!

Adelphos
06-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I feel kind of bad for the BibleWorks staff on that one. That's kind of like if a Best Buy circular broke Apple's news of a new generation iPhone. Oops!

Yeah, let's feel bad for BibleWorks. They produce the most amazing Bible computer program in the history of bits and bytes, and now it leaks out that they're going to release an upgrade, which only gets people ready to start watching their pennies so they can get it the moment it's released.

Those poor pioneers, let's all chip in and cry for them! -:)

And if there's one think I've noticed about BibleWorks, especially as compared with other computer programs, when BibleWorks releases an upgrade it REALLY, REALLY, REALLY is a TRUE, GENUINE upgrade.

But I'll feel sorry for them too, if that will make YOU feel better. -:)

calvary
06-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Has anyone emailed them and asked?

Does seem strange that there would be a leak in CBD first.

Bring it on.... :)

Dave

bobvenem
06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Has anyone emailed them and asked?

My experience is they keep this kind of stuff close to the vest, but it's always worth the wait.

Christmas in July...again!

Michael Hanel
06-28-2011, 05:33 PM
See if you can guess some of the new features (http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/?p=775)...

Or if you can't figure them out. BibleWorks' website (http://www.bibleworks.com/) has now been updated.

MBushell
06-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi All!
Our new BibleWorks 9 web site is now active.
We apologize for the confused announcement. CBD announced prematurly and sort of left us in a difficult position. We had not planned on releasing for a couple of weeks, but in the providence of God we are there now! Because of the misstep we don't have stock to ship yet but that should be rectified in the next couple of weeks and in any case we are taking preorders now. Hope you enjoy the new stuff!
God bless,
Mike

calvary
06-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Just ordered mine. :)

Don Johnson
06-29-2011, 11:54 AM
What a time to be broke!

But better days are coming... I'll order soon.