PDA

View Full Version : External Links

Mark Eddy
06-21-2010, 07:41 PM
A recent thread led me to look again at the external links in BibleWorks.
My assumption was that, if I used the External Links Manager (ELM) and clicked the box "Enable this link" that this link would display when I click on "Resources" and choose "External Resources." However this is not the case. I have "enabled" several of the menu entries in the ELM, and none of them display in the list of "External Resources."
I cannot find them anywhere else either, so I cannot find out how to access any of them.
I can't find this information in Help chapter 11 (ELM at the end) or 39 (ERMIE).
Aparently I have not used a link since installing BW8, but I know that I could access them somehow in BW7. I have just forgotten how I did it.
Where do I find out how to activiate the external resources in ERMIE and ELM?
Mark Eddy

Glenn Weaver
06-22-2010, 09:16 AM
Hi Mark,

Open the Exernal Links Manager (ELM), then select the link item that you want to display on the Resources | External Resources menu. In the right side of the ELM are a number of dropdown boxes. Select the dropdown box for "Menu Location or Event". In this dropdown menu select External Resources. Once you have selected the location where you want the item to appear, then check the box at the bottom of the ELM to "Enable this link". Now the item should appear on the External Resources menu.

To view an external link in Ermie, double-click on the item. This opens the browser window and displays the external link.

Mark Eddy
06-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks, Glenn. Your explanation can be deciphered from the end of Help chapter 11, but I was not alert enough to notice where, and I forgot some of the terminology. Maybe I'll remember where to find it the next time I need it. Thanks again.

Mark Eddy