PDA

View Full Version : This should be something simple, but I can't find the correct help file

jarnett0001
05-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Hello everyone, I am trying to edit the "hit highlighting" colors. Where do I do this at? I went to the "Tools">"Viewing the Text">"Apply Colors to Search Results," but it seems to be version specific, and I want the hit highlighting to be the same for all versions. What do I need to do? Any help will be much appreciated!

Michael Hanel
05-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Try this instead:

Tools>>Options>>General>>Option Strings. Under area on the right side called "Found Text" you can edit the way searches are highlighted by editing bold, italic, underlined, text color and/or background.

jarnett0001
05-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Thanks! Worked perfectly! That's exactly what I was looking for, I appreciate you taking the time to help me!

Chan Arnett

Michael Hanel
05-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks! Worked perfectly! That's exactly what I was looking for, I appreciate you taking the time to help me!

Chan Arnett

Not a problem, it's something that's kind of hard to find unless you know it's there. It's a little more buried in the options settings I guess because it's assumed people are not going to be playing with this setting a lot whereas what you were looking at is something that is more flexible for doing studies and such.