PDA

View Full Version : BOSS 1.0 Update

Adelphos
04-29-2010, 08:25 PM
I've posted an update to Boss 1.0.

If you use the "Combine Files" feature, you may notice an improvement in speed, as it is now about ten times faster than before, but unless you have combined files with many thousands of verses in them, like twenty thousand verses or more, you will likely never notice any difference at all.

I plan to get to Boss 2.0 sometime, hopefully sooner than later, in which you will have the option to view the WLM files in native BW format as well as the current format, and also hopefully I'll have a few other additions and improvements as well.

I'll post a message here whenever I get that completed.

To access the Boss files click on the link below.

Adamsen
04-30-2010, 03:00 PM
I've posted an update to Boss 1.0.
To access the Boss files click on the link below.

Hi,

On Win7 I cannot make the installer create menus in Start > Programs. Moreover, it seems as though I have to run it as administrator in order for BOSS to save my registration info. Is this by design?

Now, I will have to learn how to use BOSS! :-)

Best regards,

Georg

Adelphos
04-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Sorry, Georg, you are correct in your assertion. You do have to run it as an Administrator to register. I would change that if I knew how, but I don't. I will ask around on the message boards and see if I can learn how to change it, but up til now only a few people have had the problem, but more and more it's cropping up, so I'll see what I can do.

Adelphos
04-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm working on the "run as Administrator" issue and hope to have a solution on that.

In the meantime, I am lifting the restriction on accepting only personal names for valid registration.

Which is to say, I will now accept not only personal names, but Church, Ministry, Company, etc., names for valid registration.

Adelphos
04-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Okay, the "Run As Administrator" is now solved. It was as easy as simply modifying a setting in my compiler.

Henceforward you should have no problems. I've tested it on my computer, and it seems fine, but if you DO still have a problem, let me know.

The new files have been posted. If you have already installed BOSS, you only need to download the EXE zip file and overwrite boss.exe in your Program Files\Bible Organizer Study Suite Folder.

Click on the link below to go directly to the download site.